Cravings? What do you do to stop them?

Options
If I get a craving usually eating a dill pickle will stop it. What works for you?

Replies

• HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Chew a piece of gum.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I drink a full bottle/glass of water that usually kicks it in the butt.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Ephedra.
  • andie2013
    andie2013 Posts: 101
    Options
    Depends on the type of craving:
    If it is for something salty, then yes, a pickle does the trick
    But if it is more sweets, I just throw a small bag of kettle popcorn on the microwave (the 94%fat-free type))
  • kateadrianne
    kateadrianne Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i think of my family. they really want me to lose weight. they are my key to stopping myself from eating a lot.
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sugar free Fisherman's Friend. Works every time :bigsmile:
  • Rambo313
    Rambo313 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I repeat this quote " What I eat in private, I wear in public" it usually stops me from the impulse craving because I realize it is not worth it.
  • movn4ward
    movn4ward Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    When it is for something sweet, I chew gum or have a snack size piece of candy and drink water. If it is for something salty I have a prepackaged small serving of a savory snack.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I keep it out of the house so I'd have to drive somewhere and talk to someone to get it (it's extra embarassing to take my fat self into the convenience store for a 500 cal pastry, cause I know what everyone is thinking!).

I drink a lot of coffee.

I tell myself if I'm really hungry, I can have an egg or some steak or maybe some cheese or potroast. Which pretty much kills my appetite since I'm sick of all of the above.
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I try not to get cravings by eating several times a day. I at alot of protein (or try to), my cravings have pretty much subsided, but I have to admit, I give in sometimes LOL
  • kinghonkey
    Options
    If it's something I want badly enough I'll eat just a bite or a quarter of it. Also, a little fruit takes away most sweet cravings for me.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Drinking lots of water seems to kill off a lot of the food cravings I used to get.
  • Jenni129
    Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I chug a bottle of water and/or chew gum. My stomach stops growling after that.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Another craving buster is whole wheat toast with jalapeno jelly...YUM!!
  • fromfattytohealthy
    fromfattytohealthy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I usually crave anything sweet and salty. It used to be potato chips and chocolate, but I went with the much healthier apples and nuts :smile::
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Water works well for me.