What should my diet and exercise regime be on Phentarmine?

Options
I have been taking Phentarmine for almost 2 weeks and I have started working out doing Zumba at home for the last week. Im also watching my caloric intake through MFP but often it says I am eatting too little callories. How is this going to effect my weight loss and isn't that what Phentarmine is suppossed to do? Make you not want to eat so you lose weight? If I eat on it how can I lose any weight? Im just concerned because my friends have lost a lot of weight on it and I have seen any results where as they saw major results in the first week or two.

Replies

• 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Phentermine is approved as an appetite suppressant for the short-term treatment of obesity, not sure why you would be taking this when all you need is a healthy diet and exercise.
  • klynn_cox
    klynn_cox Posts: 17
    Options
    Well Im taking it becasue its been a year since I had my son and I work and go to school and try to fit in exercise when I can. I admit I am gettign better about trying to at least do 30 min a day. But besides all that I have a hard time not eating either too much when I eat or not eatting the right things. So my doctor put me on it to jumpstart my weight loss and showed me the MFP app to learn how to trake calories. Its just the diet that I need to learn how to do. I love to cook but its hard to determine how many calories are in my meals and if Im eatting the right portions. Since I have been on the Phentarmine I have not really felt like eating but I do make myself eat Im just wondering if Im eatting the wrong things if Im not meeting my caloric total for the day and Im still not losing weight.
  • Lenindaire
    Lenindaire Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    one way to find out how many calories in your meal is to enter the recipe into the calculator. you will find it under the food tab where you go to log your food.

make sure you are eating small meals throughout the day to get your calories. when i was on phentermine that is what the doctor told me to do. he suggested an apple or fruit with cheese; or a banana with 1T of peanut butter/nutella as snacks or small meals that way you do not end up eating crap at the end of the day to make up for not eating enough earlier. i ended up doing that a lot when i was on phentermine and ended up overriding the phentermine so i was hungry all the time with it and acutally ended up gaining weight plus it made me jittery.

not eating enough calories will slow down or halt your weight loss. if your not eating enough calories i would talk to your doctor about lowering the dose on the phentermine or see if you need to take it at all. phentrermine is just an appetite suppressant so i would still follow mfp reccomendations on diet and get at least 3-5 days of exercise doing both aerobic and strength training.
  • klynn_cox
    klynn_cox Posts: 17
    Options
    Ok that helps a lot. But what about when I work out an get more calories to eat. Do I stil need to eat all the calories I just burned to get back to my goal of 1,200 a day? That seams backwards to me.
  • jilrsch
    jilrsch Posts: 7
    Options
    I took phentermine after I have my daughter. I lost the weight very quickly. What I failed to do was teach myself portion control and what foods I should be eating. Of course I gained the weight back. It is important to listen to your body and learn what types of food you should be eating and how much. I have eaten primal/Paleo for the past 7 months and had more success than I ever did with Phentermine. I am at a point where I am not trying to lose a ton so I only stick to it about 80/20. But it has improved how I feel overall by 100%.