Wii Fit, etc...

Options
I have recently bought a Wii and iw as wondering what peoples thoughts are on the fitness games. I heard Wii fit is a waste of time however Zumba for wii is pretty descent. What is everyone's thoughts thanks!

Replies

• JPom83
    JPom83 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wii fit isn't exactly a waste of time. The balance games are fun and can definitely improve balance, and maybe do some light muscle toning. I wouldn't use it for a primary workout though, there's not much calorie burn with it. I haven't done the strength training on it, but the yoga is okay. for the Wii, my preference is the dance games. I have Zumba (fun but hard, will work up a sweat), Gold's Gym Dance Workout (not as hard as Zumba, and I do work up a sweat with it), Gold's Gym Cardio workout (basically a boxing game, but it gets my heart rate up and I enjoy it. I also have one called My Fitness Coach that is decent, you can customize your workouts to target certain areas and customize intensity. It's a good one. That said, I haven't done any of these in a while, since I've been doing C25K, but I'm planning to incorporate them in my off nights from running.

I think the Wii can be okay for exercise, but probably not as a primary workout, try to change it up a bit if you can. Good luck and have fun!
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I got a lot of my exercising in with Dance Dance Revolution (I used a GameCube game, compatible with older Wiis, on loan from a friend) when I first started out, and I credit it with all of my weight loss so far.

Then one of my girlfriends came for a visit and told me about a game she was using for exercise on her Wii (she teaches in China during their school year): Just Dance 3.

Well, we promptly challenged each other to a dance-off with each of our respective games, so she bought me JD3 as a present. I've used it ever since and it's great! I don't have to concentrate on where to put my feet and my arms are getting the workout of their lives since the game follows the wiimote you hold in your right hand. I feel like my whole body is more engaged now since I have to jump, spin, moonwalk (as much as I can on hardwood in bare feet), and kick up my heels.

I have not tried Zumba (I'm a little afraid that it would be too confusing and hardcore for me) but I've looked at the Gold's Gym games once or twice, always meaning to look up a review, since I tend not to buy things I haven't "auditioned". I originally wanted to get WiiFit, but wasn't crazy about having to buy the pad (which I was afraid of damaging with my high weight).

So glad that Just Dance 3 doesn't require any extras!