Should I get a Fitbit?

Options
Is it worth the $$? Are there cheaper versions you recommend? And most importantly, do you find it useful?

Replies

• robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit, it depends on what you want out of it. I use it mostly to track my walking (I have a desk job) and it encourages me to get up and move around more. I also love the sleep tracking, but use my HRM for my workouts. It was worth it to me.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    My friend swears by it and loves it...some people use it in combination with MFP.

I have never tried it.
  • mhouston2011
    mhouston2011 Posts: 155
    Options
    I absolutely love mine and for the price, I haven't researched anything comparable. I also have a desk job and it keeps me aware on how much I need to make an effort to get steps in during the day. I have mine linked to MFP and I love the fact that it can create reports for you to track your activity level..distance..sleep...just my opinion, but definitely worth it.
  • alicialwest
    alicialwest Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have one and love it!!! I am a runner and it gets a bit wacky if I am running fast but I still love it. The reports from fitbit are awesome and motivational. I always find myself striving for the next 1,000 steps at the end of the day.

Get one. You will love it too.
  • mhouston2011
    mhouston2011 Posts: 155
    Options
    I have one and love it!!! I am a runner and it gets a bit wacky if I am running fast but I still love it. The reports from fitbit are awesome and motivational. I always find myself striving for the next 1,000 steps at the end of the day.

Get one. You will love it too.

So agree with this!!!!
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I love mine.

If I had to I could get by with a cheaper Omron pedometer as long as it used accelerometer technology and had a calorie estimator. But they're so much bigger and don't synch wirelessly to the desktop app and I don't know if you can log food intake on the Omron site. And they're 1/3-1/2 the price so still not dirt cheap.

Another option is get one, use it for a while to learn your values and then sell it. I've had mine so long I pretty much know what it's going to say. But it's still motivating to see it.