Long Journey Ahead

Options
Hi. I am from Arkansas and have approximately 80 pounds to lose.

Replies

• cupcake568
    cupcake568 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is the place to do it. I've lost a total of 67 pounds, the last 40 or so using this site. It's really great. I would suggest planning out what you want to eat and entering it first, at least for a while so you get an idea of how many calories things actually are. Use the community discussion boards, there are some great people here who will be very helpful and encouraging. It is a long journey, but that's the best way to do it, you'll be more likely to keep it off like that and you will learn so much about food and your body.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I felt like I had a long journey ahead last January. I have lost weight and gained more energy than I ever thought possible. I still have a way to go but I know I will get there one day. Do not set unrealistic goals and stick with it through the plateaus.

Watch your calories but don't deprive yourself or you will not be able to stay with it long term.

Most of all, enjoy finding your healthy you and challenge yourself any way you can.
  • camrauch
    Options
    Hi Arkansas!

I'm from Arkansas too! So I have a tremendous amount of faith that if you will faithfully stick with "MyFitnessPal.com", that you will achieve your goals and so very proud of your progress! But you have to be faithful and log your meals and keep track of those numbers! And find a fun way to exercise too! I used to C & W Dance and it was so much fun and so good for my health, but unable to do that anymore, so I just walk now and work out with weights! You will be amazed at how the weight will come off if you are faithful to this site! So good luck and hopefully it will not be too long before you will have dropped a couple of sizes and start waking up with a smile each day!:wink::wink:
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    When I started I wanted to lose 100 pounds. That just sounded like too much. I I entered a weight that was only 80 pounds away. not much of a difference. After I had lost 50 of it I changed my goal to the full 100 pounds. I still have a ways to go but breaking it up help me a bit. The way I look at it now is I am only trying to lose 1 pound at a time. I look at my weight and I just imagine the scale reading one pound less. I weigh myself each day but I only update my weight at the beginning of each week. Start small and try to be steady. This is a lifestyle change each day is all about choices. keep trying to make better choices then you did before.
  • mgehbauer
    Options
    Hi,

I'm from VA. I have about 40 pounds to lose. Seems like a huge mountain to me.... I just want to get more healthy. Overall, my health is good right now - no high blood pressure, no high cholesterol, no diabetes, but I know that I'm at risk for all of these and more unless I change my lifestyle. It just seems so hard to do though. I really need some support and help on this journey! I can't afford to do Weight Watchers. So I'm hoping this will help me. Good luck to all who are on this journey to better health and vitality!
  • Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    Welcome VA and Arkansas! You have found a great place with great people! I joined almost 2 months ago and absolutly love it! As long as you are totally honest with yourself and write down EVERYTHING you put in your mouth, this site can really help you achieve your goals! Make sure to drink lots and lots of water too! If your body doesn't feel like it's staying hydrated it will hang on to anything it thinks of as water, carbs included! So water is a really simple thing you can do to help yourself get to where you want to be!
    Don't think of it as a diet, but as a lifestyle change. Weight Watchers works for lots of people, but when you quit going you have a tendancy to gain it back. I've not had a lot of sucess at keeping weight off, but this time I am not doing anything fancy, special or trendy, I'm just learning to eat around the outside of the grocery store, I stay out of the middle aisles were all the processed stuff is and try to just eat the healthy "natural" stuff instead. I find I feel so much better, am losing weight slowly but steadily, and as an added bonus I've cut our food bill almost 30 percent! Bonus!!!
    Add some walking to your day, do an exercise DVD, start slow and work up so you don't get discouraged trying to do something you can't possibly stick with! You guys will do great! Welcome aboard, we are all looking forward to sharing our journeys with you!
    Hugs!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • nralls
    Options
    Hey thanks for your response. I do have some help losing this weight but I am afraid if I say I will be breaking the rules of this site. Anyway it is nice to talk to someone esle from Arkansas. I have a question when you enter in your foods where do you enter in the liquids you drink that are not water because right now I have to drink juice and water but I don't know where to put my juice intake. Thanks Nicole