The ultimate sacrfice

Options
Il_DaniD_lI
Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
These men died one of the most respectable and honorable ways possible.

heros-5.jpg?t=1343226417

edit to resize

Replies

• MaritaD
    MaritaD Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    wow..............amazing men! So sad!
    :brokenheart:
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    It makes me appreciate my boyfriend a lot more, I feel confident that he would do the same. Men are so awesome.
  • Jenny111372
    Jenny111372 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    God forbid this kind of situation ever happen but I hope that this is the kind of man I'm raising my 10 yr old son to be and the kind of man my 14 yr old daughter chooses to marry! I believe I married a man like this! God bless them, their families and everyone who has been affected by this tragedy!!!
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    That gave me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes. So sad.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    That gave me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes. So sad.

Exactly this.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    that was so amazing to me abt this story. the best part of what happened i think.. you always wonder how a situation would go down "if" ... these stories gave me tears and who wouldn't want to go out like that? protecting the ones they love?!?! awesome to me.
  • CynthiaElise
    CynthiaElise Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! What amazing dudes!! There's no doubt in my mind that this is the kind of man I'm marrying. God forbid he ever had to.
  • WhiteCoc0
    WhiteCoc0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Wow....amazing men!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I can't see the image.... but I read the story on Yahoo yesterday... and my heart was absolutely breaking for these women and the men's families... I cannot fathom having to go through something like this.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Those are some real heroes alright.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Gave me goose bumps!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    ugh, I can't cry at work. *snif* :heart:
  • capabledesire
    Options
    Luckily we have heroes that survived this horrible situation as well. Many of the people still in the hospital were protecting someone else. And not just girlfriends.
  • 33neenaj
    33neenaj Posts: 306
    Options
    They are all heroes
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    that's beautiful.

so many victims - who died and who survived - were protecting others. some were protecting ppl they didn't even know. it's what we all want to think we would do. truly heroic.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • laus_8882
    laus_8882 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    What an awful thing to have to live with, though, knowing you're alive because someone else is dead. These poor women, losing their partners and dealing with that level of guilt. The families of the men must be tremendously conflicted; they've lost sons, brothers, uncles, etc, so someone else's loved one could live. There has to be more than a little anger, if not now, then at some point in the future.

The shooter really is a vile piece of work ruining so many lives.