long road...

Options
Ohio winters are miserable for walking and such. So 35 pounds to lose for health reasons and no outside to work out. =(

Replies

• FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged! If you can't get outside do something inside. You can always do some jumping jacks or some jump rope. Get online and look for free online work out videos. Exercise tv and you tube have some good work out videos. You could even do some winter cleaning, that will burn some calories! Don't give up! You can do it!
  • Mommabee
    Mommabee Posts: 103
    Options
    Welcome! This is a fun place to do something that many don't think of as fun at all, lose weight!
    Don't look at it as a long road, look at it as something you are doing for your body to thank it for all it has done for you! If you stop and think about it, it really is amazing what our body does for us even while we treat it so bad. We don't exercise, we eat all the junk we can get our hands on, we stay up too late, drink too much, just generally do everything we can to not take care of our body, but it still continues to function for us right up until it just can't take it anymore. Then we get mad at it because it is forcing us to do something we have fought so hard not to do, take care of ourselves!
    Once you get started on this road to wellness, you truly will be amazed at how bad you were feeling before, compared to how good you feel just making little changes. Don't try to do too much all at once, take it easy and learn how to eat all over again. I have no idea what your health problems are, but please keep posting to this website, be honest with your food diary and yourself, drink lots and lots and LOTS of water, and you will be healthier in no time.
    You have found a good place to begin the journey to a new you!
    Hugs!!!:flowerforyou:
  • pawprint061
    Options
    Welcome. I'm in Ohio too. I know it can suck sometimes. But do you have a local high school with an indoor track? Sometimes they allow people to use them. Or even an indoor weight room. My high school had a community weight room for every one to use it was pretty nice.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I'm from Canada and I can work out. I belong to a gym with a pool so I get variety in my work out and I still get out to take my dogs for walks. It can be done no matter where you live or what the weather.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I was thinking that that road must be walked, whether eating healthy or not.

I know of at least 2 ppl on here who have lost 50+ pounds without ever lifting a finger to exercise. They did it through diet alone and MFP!

Now if you want to exercise, you can do the numerous TV shows available, go to NetFlix and rent some DVDs, pick up a magazine and do the workout.

Where there's will, there's a way!!