weight loss

Options
So ive been doing this MFP for 2 weeks now. I lost 2 pounds. I work out every morning and am under my 1200 calorie a day. I would have thought I would have lost 5 pounds by now. Am i wrong to think that way? Ive been eating very healthy. So I guess im alittle frusterated which i know is probably stupid. lol

Replies

• McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    How many pounds are you trying to lose, total? The less you have to lose, the slower the weight comes off. General rule posted a lot around here:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I really don't have any advice because I, too, am struggling. I am the yo-yo queen!

But many people will ask you to open your food diary to comment on the types of foods you are eating and make good replacement recommendations.

They will say check your sodium, add more protien, and drink lots of water.

They will also say measure yourself - you could be losing inches not pounds.
  • TheDrBuchanan
    TheDrBuchanan Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Your metabolism is probably slowing down because your calories are too low. If you are exercising so much, you need to fuel that body! Eat at least 1200 calories per day, about 240 calories/meal with your first meal being within the first hour after waking. Then, eat every 3-4 hours after that. This will fire up your metabolism and help you burn more of the food you eat.
  • yoliprdr
    yoliprdr Posts: 13
    Options
    Im looking to lose 20 pounds. I made my food diary public so maybe if im doing something wrong someone will tell me. lol.
  • bhankiii
    bhankiii Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Based on your diary, you're not eating enough, although most people would call two pounds in two weeks a success. If you're not losing at the rate you want you should try something else. The most obvious thing is to try is to eat at least 1200 calories a day and reduce those calories by more exercise. If that doesn't work, try something else. Dieting is the second part of the process - the first part is to figure out what diet works best for you.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Im looking to lose 20 pounds. I made my food diary public so maybe if im doing something wrong someone will tell me. lol.

Yeah, for the small amount of weight you are trying to lose, 1) you shouldn't aim for more than 1/2 lb a week probably, and 2) you definitely need to eat more. Use the Tools tab on MFP to find out your BMR, and try to eat at least that much every day. Right now you are eating so little that you are probably slowing your metabolism down!