Day Three of Insanity - How do you fight soreness?

Options
If you did INSANITY, how did you fight the initial soreness??

I'M SO SORE!!!

Replies

• casscamp
    casscamp Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I start day 3 today! But remember soreness means you are working your muscles and that also means RESULTS to come later. Lets just keep pushing!! We can do it! And a pain reliever def helps :P
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My first time doing Insanity I was so sore after the first day, I could barely walk down the stairs. So I took a rest day. Anytime other than that, I usually work through it.
  • vtachycardia
    vtachycardia Posts: 374
    Options
    DOMS, I remember it. Work through it, only way.

I put a friend on a simple starter program that I copied from the trainer at the gym. She had to be helped onto the toilet in the morning. Phoned me and said will this go, I said "Yes, do the whole routine again but slower". It worked.
  • freckledrats
    freckledrats Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You fight soreness by keeping on working. I haven't been as sore as my second day since :)
  • dhoddy
    dhoddy Posts: 35
    Options
    I will reemphasize the importance of stretching. Many MEN (yes i'm being sexist right now) I've talked to don't think stretching is important and would just skip through both the warm-up and cool down stretches. DO THEM. Take them seriously, and if you still feel tight in some areas after all is said and done, stretch some more!
  • Yosemite4vr
    Yosemite4vr Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll stay strong, drink water and push through!! :D AND STRETCH MORE!

I know it will pay off in the end.
  • nixerific
    nixerific Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Cold showers and ibuprofen are my go tos for pain.
  • vtachycardia
    vtachycardia Posts: 374
    Options
    Agree with stretching, but you won't get rid of DOMS through stretching. MORE WORK
  • alijpizza
    alijpizza Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i am glad i am not the only one having a hard time with stairs and even the toilet! i can manage but there's a little grunt sound and a slower movement pattern that goes with it! ;-)

i had wondered about taking a pain reliever myself but know that it's a good idea to listen to your body when it's in pain, i.e. with knee soreness it's better not to take a pain reliever and push through the workout because you may perpetuate or exacerbate an injury, is this not the case with muscle soreness? could i end up pulling a muscle and make recovery harder if i numb the pain?