Woman looking for Protein Powder Suggestions!

Options
mbakken90
mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
Hello! I recently noticed I need more protein and I noticed a lot of people drink protein powder. I need something that is not too expensive but tastes awesome! I'm open to any suggestions (preferably i'd like something that's chocolate or vanilla!) Thanks!

Replies

• ShrinkinBootyB
    Options
    I buy EAS 100% Whey in chocolate and Vanilla off of amazon for $20 for 2lbs each. They are both creamy and 1 serving is 26g of protein.

Ive been finding a great deal of awesome protein shake recipes online also! my favorite tastes like a peppermint mocha!

1 serving chocolate protein powder (EAS is two scoops)
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 cup cold coffee
    few drops peppermint extract
    1-2 packets stevia or the like (i use sun crystals)
    1 tsp cocoa powder
    6-8 ice cubes

enjoy
  • mrnls
    mrnls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • smpreston
    smpreston Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Dymatize Elite is a favorite of mine. It is a good blend of proteins, pretty low in calories and mixes and tastes very good.
  • HotAndSpicy10
    Options
    Dyna Whey - Chocolate and Peanut Butter flavor.
    Mix one scoop (30g of protein) with about a cup of skim milk....it tastes almost like a peanut butter cup! :)

Only 135 calories per scoop and 90 calories per cup of skim milk....not too bad.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I usually buy the most inexpensive one at the store, they are all pretty similar in my experience. Just check the label for the most protein/least sugar for your buck.
  • lucycaz
    lucycaz Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Having struggled with different flavoured powders for months and no matter what anyone says they taste from tolerable to vomit inducing I can recommend the following which I have every day and love - it also fits nicely into clean eating and avoiding artificial sweeteners which continue to cares a problem with insulin peeks...

175g frozen berries
    35g Pure protein powder unflavoured (I but from my protein)
    250mls Hazelnut Milk

Pop in a blender and wiz up and you end up with a thick shake that tastes like a MacDonald’s shake and is really healthy....
  • mommakathy6
    mommakathy6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I buy Jillian Michaels protein powder from Walmart. It is inexpensive, low calorie and high protein. I prefer the vanilla, but the chocolate is yummy in a blender with skim milk and frozen strawberries