My story in process [40 lbs down / 20 lbs to go!]

Options
2»

Replies

• FarmGirl69
    FarmGirl69 Posts: 211
    Options
    Amazing...simply amazing! Great job & keep it up!
  • DMarieLVT
    DMarieLVT Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations! You have definitely inspired me :)

And the dress in that last pic is KILLER!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Wtg well done
  • Erinthebodo
    Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Really great work!
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    So good to see this, I'm also 5'10" and started in June at 225 pounds.
    For now I'm aiming for 170 as a goal.

Your photos give me inspiration, hope, and a good idea of what I'm aiming for, thanks for posting.
  • womanwithamission
    womanwithamission Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!! I started last week and I also am 5' 10" and weighing in at 252lbs. My goal weight is 160, its what I weighed when I got married...well four children later and 8 eyeballs watching everything I do, I totally understand wanting to be a role model for your children.
    You've inspired me and hope to be friends, I thought motherhood was lonely...I don't want my weight loss journey to be lonely too. Keep up all of your hard work!
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I started at 231 and am now at 201. You story inspires me to keep going... I feel stuck :(
  • ali_supaslim
    ali_supaslim Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words and friend requests! I know that adding the element of accountability is a very scary and positive part of reaching your goals.

I am going to set a mini goal so that this 20 lbs doesn't seem so far away. I keep getting down because of the constant scale fluctuations the last few months. I need to get to 185 which is 5-8 pounds away depending on the day =( and reward myself.

Also made some food decisions today which might just help tip those scales. I struggle with dinner time A LOT. I tend to overeat at this meal. I find it annoying to have to cook for the family and then eat something else or have that internal battle about portions and the 'nomnom' monster. I have come to terms with it this morning and will eat more in the AM and lunch meals so that I can practice more control at dinner time. Also, as far as the frustration about preparing meals that bring on the weakness, I can package them up for lunch the following day and stick to a lighter more controlled evening selection. This is the plan, gotta make it happen.

Thanks again everyone!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! You are look lovely!!! :flowerforyou:
  • ali_supaslim
    Options
    Weighing in tomorrow. So nervous! Think I did great this week but just don't know!
  • ali_supaslim
    Options
    Joined a gym...LA Boxing...time to melt away these last 20 lbs and be able to knock out my hubby =)
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness,what a great job you're doing.You look fantastic.:happy:
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • jodielle
    jodielle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    WTG - what an inspiring post! You mentioned that you're doing "sprint intervals"... can you briefly explain what your routine is?

Sending you many positive vibes and best wishes! :smile:
  • ali_supaslim
    Options
    I had read from a lot of posters on MFP that a good way to gain speed and stamina is to run intervals.
    I am able to jog for a couple miles but in order to challenge myself and gain speed, I started jogging 1 minute then sprinting 1 minute (1:1) repeating this for as many intervals as possible. There are many different interval levels depending on what you can do. Jog 2: Sprint 1 etc.

It is an easy way to watch your progress. Either increase the sprint intervals and jog less OR repeat for more and more intervals and of course sprint FASTER =). Such a challenge!
  • ali_supaslim
    Options
    WTG - what an inspiring post! You mentioned that you're doing "sprint intervals"... can you briefly explain what your routine is?

Sending you many positive vibes and best wishes! :smile:

THANK YOU SO MUCH BTW!...

I had read from a lot of posters on MFP that a good way to gain speed and stamina is to run intervals.
    I am able to jog for a couple miles but in order to challenge myself and gain speed, I started jogging 1 minute then sprinting 1 minute (1:1) repeating this for as many intervals as possible. There are many different interval levels depending on what you can do. Jog 2: Sprint 1 etc.

It is an easy way to watch your progress. Either increase the sprint intervals and jog less OR repeat for more and more intervals and of course sprint FASTER =). Such a challenge!
  • jodielle
    jodielle Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response... I'm going to try a modified version of that. I can jog a couple of miles without walking, so I might shorten the distance and break that up into different interval speeds. Thanks again for sharing your success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!