Kinda New... my first real day of trying!

Options
I am 22 yrs old, 5'4 and weigh a little of 250. I am going to weigh 125 someday and I am starting my journey today. I have always been "fluffy" and have no idea how it feels to shop in the junior's section.

When I met my husband in 2010 I was 220. Since we got married in 2011, I became a full out couch potato. I just went to school and studied. TV became my time away from the books. It got so bad that my dog rather be inside watching TV with me and eating every bit of popcorn that I dropped. I took him for a walk and he couldn't make it down my street!!

I didn't join MFP just to keep track, but because I need supporters and motivation. My family has no idea how it feels to want to lose weight. They maintain their weight by doing nothing. They never gain more then 10 pounds, and are able to lose it by cleaning their house!!!

Replies

• jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Mizz...feel free to add me. I believe we are in the same general region :). I'll help best i can.
  • Leanneteters
    Leanneteters Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, I have been going to school and the computer and TV have been "my time". I have kids that are skinny Minnie's and my husband will he has no clue, he quit smoking almost two years ago and put on some weight and I was like whooo hoooo. I joined MFP not to see what calories but to get the support I need and to see that I am not alone in this... I am a grandmother now and I need and want to be in the best shape for him when he starts walking... WE CAN DO THIS SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sylwheat
    sylwheat Posts: 125
    Options
    Please add me, never can have to much support in this journey! We all understand and can do it together! Love having friends on here.:flowerforyou:
  • mrsmerrithew
    mrsmerrithew Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I started my journey at around 280 and I am 100 lbs down... it CAN be done, you just have to be persistent and NOT give up. It's taken me a long time to lose this much, (I've seen others do it in half the time on here!) and I still have 30 to go...

Feel free to friend me! :o)
  • dwalker30
    dwalker30 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there,

I know how you feel, I am the biggest in my family as well and want to prove to my self that I can shedd these ponds and do it the right way. I will be happy to encourage you any time. My husband thinks that I am fine and does not understant how it feels.
  • livebi9686
    Options
    HI! I am new to MFP too. I am 5'5" and weigh 220. My highest was 236. I started my 'life change' about two weeks ago, and I have already lost 8 pounds. I know exactly what you are going through. My first husband was physically and emotionally abusive. I was later diagnosed as bi-polar. After two years of therapy, I finally decided to lose weight for myself, nobody else. I deserve to be healthy and happy, and so do you!! You can do this girl, we are here for you! :)
  • ewhirly02
    ewhirly02 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You're starting out on the right foot being here. Feel free to add me if you'd like!!!!!!
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.This is a great site for support and for making friends,and feel free to add me :)
  • bkrkpc
    bkrkpc Posts: 6
    Options
    Hugs to you. Don't allow yourself to feel bad about yourself anymore, the process to lose weight can be very slow and boring, but the key is to do it anyway. . I love giving the At-a-boy, way to go support, we all need it, but remember to say those thing to yourself as well, and feel how proud you are of your self efforts too. At 46 I am just learning how to just love myself!
  • Geronica
    Geronica Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I read your poss, 30 to go is so awesome!
  • ElviraRain
    Options
    Ah dude that sucks! But don't worry you can do it =))) just take it one week at a time ya know! Thats what ima do. Feel free to add me if you want =))

-Elvira-
  • stefanieleeannprince
    Options
    Mizzlezlie,

I just joined MFP this week. I believe that you and I are in similar situations. I am 24 and about 5'6. I too am in and around the 250 mark. I have always been heavier than those around me. I cant wait for the day that I can shop in the sections that everyone else always gets to shop in; get to wear the trendy clothes of each season. about 6 years ago before I started college in 2006, I had succesfully lost about 40-50 pounds. It was enough that I could at least fit into an XL instead of plus size clothing. Within my first year of college I met my bf of 5 1/2 years now and became all too comfortable with sitting on the couch watching tv or movies, and the luxury of going out to eat alll the time. I have been out of school for about 2 years now. I have decided that now is as good a time as any to start my journey to a new me. I turn 25 in January, and I am planning a trip to Paris to celebrate. I would love it if I would be able to shop in paris for cute clothes that I will actually be able to wear and enjoy.

Im hoping that by joing MFP, that I will be able to find that motivation and support that isnt always available. Please feel free to add me. :smile:
  • unicornlady77
    Options
    Hi,I started MFP in Jan i think,I have lost 20 lbs but I did fall off the wagon for a bit luckily I didnt gain any back.I am really short,5'4 am now 260 but of course being so short I look like I weigh over 300! Im turning 35 this Sat. and it is my goal to one day be about 150 so I can take my two girls to Disny World and actually enjoy myself! I love MFP!!
  • 57silverfox
    57silverfox Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    good luck and welcome youll do great
  • CopyCat97
    CopyCat97 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Always looking for friends, feel free to add me