ONEderland! My Story So Far.....and Pics.

Options
I'm so happy today.....I have made it to ONEderland! My weightloss began after a trip to my doctor's office in April of this year. I was feeling down, my body was achy and I was constantly tired. I knew I had gained a lot of weight over the past few years, but I avoided stepping on the scale so I really didn't know just how much I had gained. I knew I had gotten really big because I had grown out of all of my clothes over time. I also noticed other differences.....chairs at the local Starbucks and other places were "smaller". Uh, yeah right. Talk about being in denial. I did my best to avoid having my photo taken at any time, because I really didn't like what I saw on those few occasions where I did have my photo taken. I felt so embarassed about my weight gain that I began to avoid seeing old friends and turning down invitations to events. On top of that, the things I always loved to do so much were getting so hard. Things like going for walks and hiking take so much more energy and strength when you are heavy. Even shopping at the mall made me sore after a short period of time. It was so frustrating for me to try to participate with others in physical activity because I felt like they couldn't appreciate how much harder I had to work just in order to try to keep up with them. I'd be huffing and puffing and sweating like crazy, and they'd be whistling and singing.

Anyway, at my doctor's office I was forced to step on that scale and hear the truth about my weight. I was 242 pounds, and that was after I had lost some weight previously in the week from extreme dieting because of the upcoming doctor's appointment. I estimate that my heaviest weight was about 245. I decided right then and there that it was time for me to take back control of my life and make myself get healthy.

I found MFP and joined on April 30th with a starting weight of 240. I started eating much healthier and logging all of my food each and every day. I also started measuring some of my foods to make sure I was accurate with the calories. I found that I was pretty far off in my estimates of the amount of foods I was eating. I am set for a goal of 1200 calories per day but found that really difficult. I usually average between 1300-1450 calories per day and find that to be a very comfortable amount of food for me.

I began going to the gym most weekdays and then riding a bicycle outdoors on the weekends when the weather was decent. I did a lot of elliptical exercise and started with some weightlifting on the machines as well. I also started taking Zumba classes a couple of times per week, but then had to stop because I developed really severe shin splints. After about a month or so, I began taking other classes at the gym. I frequently take Body Pump, Spin Class, and also take Body Flow. Now that the weather is nice, I try to ride my bike every weekend as well.

I have lost a total of 43.2 pounds as of this morning from the 242 weigh in at my doctor's office in April. I still have a very long way to go before I reach my goal weight, but I feel like I'm on the right path! Besides the pounds lost, I have gained several friends and a great support system on MFP, confidence, new muscles, physical endurance, and a new zest for living each and every day as healthy as possible. Thanks to all of my MFP friends for all of your continued inspiration, motivation, and acceptance. Here's to wishing you all the happiness you deserve in your lives. Cheers!

Photo from early April:
[img]]http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u514/dlangfd/Picture012.jpg[/img]

Photo from this morning:
Onederland.jpg

Replies

• starcurl
    starcurl Posts: 41
    Options
    Whoops....photo from early April didn't show up!
    Picture013.jpg
  • elliott82
    elliott82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    fantastic! you looke WAY younger. and so much sassier.
  • purplesparklies
    purplesparklies Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Congratulations! You must feel absolutely amazing! I am 2-3lbs. away right now but I'm dying to cross that threshold. Keep up the awesome work. You WILL reach your goal! :)
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Awesome motivation...I can't see the pics (I'll check from home later) but you started where I am starting. I would love to get under 200 by the end of this year.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You always were gorgeous, but now you're more so!

Congrats! Way to go!
  • shgreenw
    shgreenw Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing!!
  • SaharaZaraMorocco
    SaharaZaraMorocco Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • etremoi53
    etremoi53 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am really happy for you. Best wishes for continued motivation and success. You look great!
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    So very proud of you! That is just awesome - whoohoo!!!!!
  • momswanson
    momswanson Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Your dedication sure is paying off at a rapid rate! Great job!
  • starcurl
    starcurl Posts: 41
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    congratulations, awesome!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    You look much younger now! Thanks for sharing your story, there are many other people also 'in denial' that could learn a lesson from you! Congrats and keep at it!
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    Holy moly ! Your standing in the tulip fields in Mt. Vernon .... You look great congrats on your sucess.
  • Time4NUME
    Time4NUME Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Keep up the hard work..
  • busyblkgirl
    busyblkgirl Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    You are awesome!!! I'm using you as my inspiration to get up and work it out today!!!
  • ruthiestamos
    ruthiestamos Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Keep up the great work!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    You look great. Congratulations and much continued success.
  • Michelecalled
    Options
    Congratulations! You've done so well!!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!