new here

Options
hi. i found this site while looking for some nutritional information. I have a joint condition and about a two years ago, I got really sick and lost around 15 lbs, which my doctors were really enthusiastic about but i had barely eaten for 3 weeks because of the joint pain. about a year after (i had stabilized at around 120), i changed some of my medications around and found that i put on weight easily and couldn't take it off. we've been playing with my medication, but i recently shot up to 158 (after thanksgiving and finals week haha) and now i really need to get back into shape so i won't be in a wheelchair soon. so here's to a healthy new start! :bigsmile:

Replies

• a00link
    Options
    Best of luck to you and your endeavors! Welcome to the site. You'll find a lot of support and useful information. Just ask if you ever need it.
  • WombatC
    Options
    Hi-I have found a lot of help here. I have lost 12 pounds so far (13 more to go) and my husband has lost 35 (he has 30 more to go) We have been dieting for maybe 2 months now. Thanksgiving was a challenge but we are getting there. Good luck.