need a healty pasta salad recipe!

Options
AnnaYESiCANdoIT
AnnaYESiCANdoIT Posts: 86 Member
I am having company over to grill on friday and want to make some kind of pasta salad to go with dinner. any lighter ideas anyone has would be greatly appreciated! ( it doesnt have to be a pasta salad, just some kind of light summer salad) also, I do not like italian flavored dressings... :)

Replies

• CanonMom413
    Options
    My favorite:

1 box of whole wheat pasta cooked to perfection
    1 can of chick peas
    1 green bell pepperm diced
    1 pint of grape tomatoes (i love the one sweet tomato package by sunset)
    2 carrots shredded
    Olive oil
    italian seasoning
    lemon juice

Instead of the olive oil, lemon juice and italian seasoning, you could do 1/4-1/2 cup LIGHT italian dressing.

YUMMMM
  • StormyGal8
    StormyGal8 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I make, quite often, a sort of pasta salad.

I don't have a "recipe" per se, but what I do is mix some whole grain rotini (about 1/2 serving per person), a ton of veggies (I do mine steamed and cold, because that's how I like them) like cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, some raw celery and tomatoes, and I mix it with Light Dilly Dip from Litehouse (20 cals per TBSP).
  • gvroxie
    gvroxie Posts: 10
    Options
    I make mine similar to "STORMYGAL8". Cooked whole wheat penne, diced onion, green pepper, celery, lightly steamed broccoli or cauliflower and dress it with a mixture of fat-free Miracle Whip or mayo diluted a bit with a splash of vinegar (balsamic is great!!) or a dash of soy sauce, season with salt, pepper, etc. To add protein or for a main dish salad, I'll throw in a can or 2 of tuna or white meat chicken (94% fat free), throw a tbs. of peanut butter in the dressing and I've even thrown in a handful of peanuts (the spicy ones from Frito-Lay are the bomb!!)