Losing 240 lbs.

Options
Hi, my name is Valerie. I am trying to lose 240lbs. I started at 380 and have lost 60 so far. It's going to be a marathon not a sprint, and I certainly welcome any ideas, comments or support! Congratulations to all of you who have lost weight!!!

Replies

• Eclipsoh
    Eclipsoh Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yay! That's a lot of progress! Good job!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Welcome! 60 pounds is a great start. I, like you, have a lot of weight to lose. Sometimes it seems overwhelming, but stick with it, it will be worth it!
  • abadaba
    abadaba Posts: 44
    Options
    Valerie
    You are off to a great start! Take it day by day--remember, this is a life change, not a "quick fix". Keep up the good work!
  • Eclipsoh
    Eclipsoh Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    She has started on this website today, so she's new. She's been handwriting her calories and busting her buns alone this whole time. I'm happy that she found this site! :D
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this site has helped me so much and hope it will help you. We CAN do this!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You seem well on your way; do what works for "you" :wink:
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Hi Valerie! A job well done so far! I wish you the best of luck - keep up the good work!
  • Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Hi,

You are doing Great and 1/4 of the way there, I have a lot to lose too.
    Friend request on the way....Olive...
  • NoMoreBeingATurtle
    NoMoreBeingATurtle Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It can be done! I started at 350, now down to 220, heading for 125.

I set up my "Diary" as: 5-8 Breakfast, 8-11 Brunch, 11-2 Lunch, 2-5 Dinner, 5-8 Supper, full day items (like a pitcher of iced tea, mini watermelon, etc - a little at a time all day long). I try to eat something within the 3 hour period (not a 3 hr meal. Hehehe) Lunch being my biggest meal.

When I "feel hungry" I drink a glass of water (sometimes that twinge is just thirst) and hang in for the next "meal" if it's not far off. After a while your body gets into the rhythm. Yes, it's psychological, but it works. (This is the way I had been raised, wish I had stuck with it.) Mind you a "meal" can be a half penutbutter sandwich and tea for brunch or supper.

Hope this helps. Good luck and don't get discouraged!
  • shadowvampira
    Options
    i just started this journey and started out at 398.... i have along ways to go tooo.. it will take time... but this is the first time that im actually trying to put myself first at anything... so any and all encouragement is welcome...
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    You've already made a serious commitment to yourself and that's fantastic. This site is much easier than a paper journal, so it should make it better for you. :smile: