A serving of homemade pizza

Options
alexbusnello
alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
Could someone show me a PICTURE example of a serving of home made pizza? My Dad makes amazing pizza and it's in the style is squares but they are different sizes since my Mom cuts up the pizza.

I always log in that I took a serving, but how many squares is a serving? I usually eat three squares because it looks like it would be a serving of regular looking pizza which is the long triangle shape.

Any pictures, please? I need visual to understand more....sorry.

And I eat three because one or two doesn't fill me, even when I eat slowly and chew lots... And drink water. It's very thin crust, whole wheat, two kinda of cheese with home made tomato sauce pizza with mushrooms for me. I only have one or two mushrooms on what I eat, but my parents eat it with high fat pepperoni but I don't...

Replies

• alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Nobody?
  • nlwilliamson
    nlwilliamson Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I really don't know either, I wish I could help.
    --that pizza sounds yummy!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Too hard to clarify since it entirely depends on the pizza ingredients.

Example:

This pizza is as follows:

Betty crocker pizza dough mix
    9oz shrimp
    1 bag of target brand reduced fat moz. cheese.
    1/2c muir glen pizza sauce

Macros for the portion you can see (minus the cut up pieces which went to my son), which is what I call 1 serving for me: 1070kcal 106c/29f/103p.

Macros for the entire pizza:
    1530kcal 160c 44f 136p

But I could make a different pizza with different ingredients and WAAAY different macros.

641a85.jpg
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Does he make his own dough? If not, the best thing to do is look at the nutrition facts on the dough (or calculate them if he makes it from scratch). Start by determining how many calories of dough each serving is. Even though it's square, does he cut the pizza into 16 little squares? If the entire serving of dough was say 1,200 calories then each square would be about 75 calories of just dough. From there, you should be able to estimate the add-ons of tomato sauce, cheese, and mushrooms. That will at least give you an idea how many calories are in each serving. It's up to you how many servings you want to eat or what constitutes one "serving". It might be a bit different for everyone.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Just too many variables. 12" crust - 16" crust?

That said - thin crust is VERY helpful in reducing calories - homemade crust is helpful too. Some recipes call for lots of oil - but it's just not needed.

Mozzarella - look for 2% Vs. full fat or "part skim." Don't go for fat free - it does not melt (or brown). It looks like warmed over plastic.

Turkey pepperoni - Yum! A little goes a long way. The texture is a little chewy - but the flavor is the same!

I use Fleischmann's Pizza Yeast - 1 step - very easy
    http://www.pizzacrustyeast.com/
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I actually made my own today and I used the recipe maker on the app. I decided to cut it into 4 and each 1/4 was a serving. Luckily it was a super healthy pizza (loving me some pintrest) and it only came to about to 240 calories per serving.
  • urbansmamma
    urbansmamma Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I buy my dough from whole foods (listed in MFP database) and then build my recipe in the food app. Sorry I dont have pics though.
  • trishybob
    trishybob Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use lebanese bread as the base rather than a dough, it is really quite nice and a healthier option.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'd put everything in as a recipe, and calculate how many pieces your mom cut it into as the serving amount. It will tell you the information per slice that way.
  • cindys0417
    cindys0417 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    just a suggestion..I had a recipe for pizza Quesidilla with Tortilla shells, mozzerella cheese, pepperoni and pizza sauce..you might want to try those Mission CArb Balance tortilla which are only 7 G Carb....Heres the recipe:

Spread thin layer of any pizza sauce on 2 tortillas....on one tortilla put sauce...mozzerella cheese..pepperoni..more mozzerella cheese and then put other tortilla on top (pizza sauce side down) and fry these in pan sprayed with pam spray until cheese is melted. Cut into 4 pieces.. Im not sure what the calories or anything is..you may want to set this up as a recipe to get the information..good Luck!