counting backwards

Options
I know this is a mind thing, but am i the only one who counts backwards on reps and find that they are easier to do than counting forward. I'm doing a circuit of push-ups, sit-ups, squats, and negative pull-ups for this cycle and always make my reps if i count backward. Does anyone else have this joy that i have ?
25121047.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Not so much with weights but when I'm on a long run and start feeling fatigued I play the same mental game where I tell myself only 10 more km, only 9 etc etc seems to make it easier.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    I don't have that joy, but that's a smart way to do it!

I have trouble just making it through counting...this is how it usually goes for me: 1....2....3.....4...5.....was that a puppy in that commericial?....oh crap.....3....4...5...6.....7....*laughing at some comedy show on tv.....dammit!......10....11....12...

LOL Maybe I should try the counting down thing :o)
  • waldenlev
    waldenlev Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    On reps where I'm doing a fixed number I count up -- might do 10, or maybe we'll do 12, but not going to do 30. :-) On cardio where I'm counting time I count down, and then keep adding. "Only 5 more minutes".... "Damn, that was easy, another 5".... "ok, if I can do 10, I can make it to 15, that's only another 5"... Don't think I ever do more that "5 minutes" of cardio, but I do 15 of them back to back. :-)
  • markovicj
    markovicj Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That's usually what I do on the last set!