Too soon for Plateau

Options
I am beyond frustrated today! I have been on the Isagenix program since June 4, 2012. To date I have lost 18.6lbs with a goal of reaching 50lb lost or ultimately 70lbs lost. This entire month of July has been a huge battle and I have not seen the weight loss. I have too much to lose to plateau already and I have now added in The 30 Day Shred... today is day 8.

I drink my 8 glasses of water a day and I just dont understand why I am not seeing loss?!!

Thanks all

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Thats the meal replacement plan right? I would probably say you might need to increase your calories, possibly reduce your exercises.. there are a ton of factors on why your plateauing besides water intake.

Might need to give more information for some more tips, or possibly open up your diary as well.
  • mindiek2
    mindiek2 Posts: 21
    Options
    It is. My typical day is as follows:

Am - Shake
    Mid AM - Hard Boiled Egg
    Lunch - Salad with Chicken breast and vinaigrette dressing
    PM Snack - Apple
    PM Snack 2 - Cherries
    Dinner - Shake

Along with 8 glasses of water a day :(

Thanks for the help!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    It is. My typical day is as follows:

Am - Shake
    Mid AM - Hard Boiled Egg
    Lunch - Salad with Chicken breast and vinaigrette dressing
    PM Snack - Apple
    PM Snack 2 - Cherries
    Dinner - Shake

Along with 8 glasses of water a day :(

Thanks for the help!!

Starvation!!
  • mindiek2
    Options
    really?
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options
    I mean for me personally I would be STARVING!!! How many calories does that add up to?
  • mindiek2
    Options
    It hovers around the 1200 calorie mark
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Change up the meal plan a bit? I sometimes by adding a bit more complex carb or fat, things change next day. :)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I am beyond frustrated today! I have been on the Isagenix program since June 4, 2012. To date I have lost 18.6lbs with a goal of reaching 50lb lost or ultimately 70lbs lost. This entire month of July has been a huge battle and I have not seen the weight loss. I have too much to lose to plateau already and I have now added in The 30 Day Shred... today is day 8.

I drink my 8 glasses of water a day and I just dont understand why I am not seeing loss?!!

Thanks all

Your diary is private. How about opening it up.......plateaus are overrated.
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    It hovers around the 1200 calorie mark

1200 and you are exercising? yeah.....not enough.
  • mindiek2
    Options
    opened! Thanks so much for the help. I am just so confused because I am so determined and have the weight to lose but not seeing great results.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    It's around 1200, but then you subtract your exercise calories and you're well under 1200.

I don't know much about this plan, was it suggested by a doctor? Are you supposed to eat more between the shakes? You might be plateauing because you're not getting enough nutrients.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Hi, I took a peek at your diary and it seems very low in calories. I only looked cos you agreed to open it :)

It is good that you want to lose weight to get to where you want to be, but what works for me and I think a lot of people on MFP is trying to follow the goals set.

That is to eat your BMR and exercise calories. Or at least try to eat all your exercise calories.

In my opinion, and this is only talking if you were me, I would ditch the shakes and try to eat foods that will give you better choices for the long haul.

good luck either way :-)
  • Jacwhite22
    Options
    honestly up your protein....I would target 100g/day. Are you strength training or just doing 30DS? I would add 1-2 days of strength training / week. Each back exercise calories and I would drop the supplements/powder and try whole food for a little while...This shouldn't have an effect on weight loss, I just can't imagine not eating real food.)
  • ironicusername
    Options
    Lemme get this straight.... you have lost over 18 pounds since the beginning of JUNE? Um, that's a pretty awesome loss. The reason why you're plateauing is absolutely starvation mode. If you're only taking in 1200 cals and doing heavy duty working out your body isn't getting nearly enough calories to function, thereby holding onto whatever fat you have for dear life in order to survive. 1200 cals a day is meant only for someone who is totally inactive. What you're doing isn't good for you, Your body could be eating it's organs. Seriously, increase your calorie intake and don't stick to a number religiously, that will only make you plateau again. The best thing to do is zig zag your calories, not allowing your metabolism to get used to what you're doing. You really should seek counsel from a doctor or nutritionist if you can.
  • mindiek2
    Options
    I am totally hearing you!! I guess because the shakes worked so great in the first month I was hoping for the same this month. I have learnded to eat healthier while on Isagenix so I have no doubt I can make the right chocies with "real food". lol I guess I have become used to my 1 meal a day but I am totally up for trying anything to get this ball moving again
  • carloc
    carloc Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My opinion would be, get rid of the shakes, eat a proper healthy plate full of food, lots of veggies, protein and carbs etc. Something your body can actually digest.

Also if you goal is to lose all the weight as quickly as possible you may just as easily regain it when you have reached that point. Consider this whole process more about getting healthy, making good choices with food and exercise, changing the habits that gained you the weight in the first place. If its a life change its for life, a diet is temporary.

Most people here are doing this to be healthy, the weight lose is the added bonus. 1 - 2 lbs a week is a good steady rate and maintainable without staring your body of the food and nutrients it needs to rebuild after exercise.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    Just an idea, why not `friend` some people that have lost weight using MFP to get some ideas, inspiration, motivation?
  • alligatorlover76
    Options
    I would suggest staying away from shakes after breakfast. I have a shake in the morning, to get my metabolism going, especially since i'm not much of a breakfast person. The diet you listed is not sustainable. Can you picture yourself eating that for years to come? I have eliminated soda, junk food and late night eating. I eat healthy snacks, a lean, vegetable oriented dinner, making sure i eat enough meat for protein, etc. Then I exercise three times a week. I have lost 35 pounds in three months. Im not following any miracle plan, or taking any major supplements. But, you are taking in too few calories. You need to reassess your goals and use the MFP app, because if you starve yourself, which is what you are doing, your body will convert sugars to fat and your muscle tone will deteriorate. This is NOT enough food. If you add some nuts and fruits to your snacking, and actually have a small meal at supper time (Brown rice, lean meats, spinach salad, etc), and add in a good exercise program, I believe you will start to lose.
  • lizziebeth1028
    Options
    I would definitely up your calories! Under 1200 is not enough!! You need to fuel your body and workouts with real food, not meal replacement shakes. Definitely strive to hit that 100g protein mark like another poster had suggested. I recently started doing this and I'm seeing and feeling results. I would try to incorporate -
    eggs
    greek yogurt
    low fat cottage and cheeses
    chicken/ tuna/ fish
    fresh fruits and veggies

Food is not the enemy, make healthy choices learn moderation and portion control, eat and enjoy!!
  • lauralind5
    lauralind5 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Are you taking measurements?? ! I went weeks with being stuck around 9 lbs but in that time I lost about 8 inches total.