giving up chocloate for august WHOS WITH ME ???

13»

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Oh hellz no.

Green & Black's 85% chocolate is essential to my optimal health.
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    I did it for a year. Wasn't bad. But I now realize the foolishness of my ways. I'll have good dark chocolate now and then if I want.

Still, good luck on your quest!

If it gets you feeling great about yourself, then it's worth it.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    :laugh: :sad: :laugh:

That is asking wayyyyy too much of me. I loves me chocolate. :love:
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Good luck with that OP!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    ANYONE??
    not it
  • Stompp
    Stompp Posts: 216
    That's crazy talk?!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,850 Member
    certainly not me
  • flyingpurplemonkey
    flyingpurplemonkey Posts: 105 Member
    I'll do this! Sounds like I great idea. Anyone who is doing this, feel free to add me so we can encourage each other!
  • soontobeskinnysara
    soontobeskinnysara Posts: 177 Member
    I'll do it! I occasionally eat chocolate when I have a craving, but I'd like to challenge myself. I'm in!
  • deepfuture
    deepfuture Posts: 35 Member
    NOT A HOPE.. I'd die
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    But I love chocolate....and August 1st is my birthday,,,,humph!
  • Hell no! But I'll take yours...
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    chocolate-eater1.jpg
  • i'll do it. i always give in to chocolate so this should be difficult. :)
  • No.
  • juicemoogan
    juicemoogan Posts: 994 Member
    Why the hell would you want to do that?!

No thanks!
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    ....as I eat my Ghirardelli Intense Dark Sea Salt Soiree square. I could never give you up, lover. You are the little one that keeps me going....
    It's my mid day I've eaten good all morning and will eat good all the rest of the day reward.
    :love:

Oh dear god that sounds amazing!!

IT. IS. AWESOME. There's one with almonds, too!

I wish luck to those wanting to abstain, if it is one of those things that trigger you to binging or whatnot.
    Personally, no foods are "off limits", as my issue was with portion size and moderation. However, I've found that I crave some things less than before or I've found a somewhat healthier substitute (cheddar popchips instead of ruffles sour cream and cheddar, for example).
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Never, ever EVER!!!! But have fun with that!!:drinker:

As I munch away on my dark chocolate with sea salt.....nom nom nom!
  • I'm with you. I have cut out coffee & sweets for the past three weeks and at first it was terrible, all the withdrawl headaches. But now, now I feel great, I am sleeping better and waking up much easier... Believe me, I am a full-on chocoholic and caffeineaholic but I've been doing this, so if I can do it, I swear anyone could. It is an effort but such good detox for the pancreas & gallbladder. Sign me up :)
  • Omg. I just ate 3 dark chocolate bars WITH 3 tbsp of peanut butter for dinner the other day and it was divine. AND I still stayed within my calorie limit.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    AUGUST CHALLENGE:

Tempt anyone who said "yes" to this thread back to the dark side

MAY THE BEST MAN WIN. Good luck.
  • Wish i could hun, but i love chocolate. i don't eat it very often though, maybe once a week. but i feel that is my reward for doing a good job. Mmmmm. CHOCOLATE! I think Dove is my favorite..... i wanna go to the store now. To any chocolate lovers (or non choco. lovers) feel free to add me as a friend! good luck with your challenge, i wish you well!
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Ive swithced to dark chocolate. I don't believe in denying myself anything. Makes me want it that much more... Everythng in moderation.
  • mamajenny2
    mamajenny2 Posts: 22 Member
    Hmmm....that is a good challenge though! I could try it, afterall, it's only 31 days, it's not a lifetime! LOL
  • chloenmiller
    chloenmiller Posts: 40 Member
    I'm in! Also giving up ice cream.. Even though I don't care for it that much, I seem to have been having it more lately! Gotta get back on track! :)

Oh and I am gonna give up cookies!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    AUGUST CHALLENGE:

Tempt anyone who said "yes" to this thread back to the dark side

MAY THE BEST MAN WIN. Good luck.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :drinker:
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    I will take the bait.

No chocolate, starting today.

No sense in waiting.
  • BeckyLH
    BeckyLH Posts: 117 Member
    Jees no way!!
  • scarlettesong
    scarlettesong Posts: 108 Member
    I would say I'd do it but knowing me, as soon as I do, I will go out and eat some chocolate right after. *Covers face* I am ashamed.

Me too! I'm sure I could abstain a month but I'll want a chocolate binge right after! Although... August is my best month. I'm going on a trip and I won't have my coworker's variety of Dove chocolates staring me in the face all month.