Stuck!

Options
I have been stuck between 174-176. I have been working out and strength training, too, so I know it's probably muscle..I'm hoping. And I just upped my calories because I was eating too few because I know it take time. BUT I have been told lately by a couple of different people that it looks like a lost weight which is very encouraging, but the scale is not.

SO I decided to take my measurements about a week and a half ago and I'm going to start going by that. Is a week and a half too soon to measure myself again? How often do those of you who have given up on the scale take measurements?

I FEEL thinner and I feel like things are a little loser but it's hard to tell.

Just wondering :)

Replies

• pjhump
    pjhump Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This happens to me also. Just keep doing what you are doing and you will get past the plateau.
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure every 6 weeks.
  • lauraashley614
    Options
    Take measurements! Losing inches is better *at least to me*
  • krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    Options
    I weigh and measure every 6 weeks.

6 weeks! Maybe I should start doing that instead of every week lol.
  • krystyleee
    krystyleee Posts: 219
    Options
    Take measurements! Losing inches is better *at least to me*

How often to you take your measurements? I started taking them I just don't know how long I should wait until I measure myself again.
  • pjhump
    pjhump Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would measure every 6 weeks or so. Do it on the week that your weight loss slows down to give yourself a mental boost!
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I measured myself after 1 week because I was mad I gained 2lbs, but I had lost 5 inches.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Awesome question! Bumping for later!
    I have been stuck at 165 for about a month and strength training, exercising as well and NOT A BUDGE. Actually I changed exercise routines and within the week bumped up to 170 (but I read that's normal after changing routines).
    6 weeks sounds like a better plan.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to take pictures in the same (or similar) outfit every few weeks... sometimes you can really tell a huge difference that you couldn't see otherwise.
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I measure myself once a week, and weigh myself once a month.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I measure every other week.