Newbie!!

Options
hera621
hera621 Posts: 9 Member
Hi,

My name is Hera. I am 22 a college student. And I have been struggling with loosing weight so far my entire life.

I have been bouncing around trying to find a good site that would help me in loosing weight. And I found this one and a lot people have recommended it online.

I have so far lost about 30 pounds in the last year to year and a half. I am at 179lbs right now, and after 6-8 months of being stuck at 180lbs I have finally broken it down. I have been going up and down to 176 but keep coming back to 179 and well I thought I should try something different, and maybe this will help me!

So yeah thanks for listening to me! And hopefully this will work for me!!

Hera

Replies

• imjustcarrie
    imjustcarrie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I admire your spirit...I've been 238 since high school, and I wish I had done something to fix it YEARS ago!!!

Keep up the great work, and once you get in the habit of EVERYTHING that goes IN the mouth also goes IN the journal...you'll be set!!
  • hera621
    Options
    Thank You!

Yes! I will try to be more strict with that! =)
  • arenkel
    arenkel Posts: 77
    Options
    Hi! I'm also new to MFP, but I'm really liking it so far. From what I can tell, people find the support system here the most helpful aspect of MFP.

I'm also a college student looking to get healthier. I'm not trying to lose weight per se, but I'd love to support you in your weight-loss journey!

Friend me, if you like. :)
    [this applies to anybody]
  • hera621
    Options
    Thanks so much! Yes it does, I used Calorie Counter I have been using it for about 3weeks and while its good, it isn't particularly working. So I found MFP and it looks like its a good one, I hope it is.

Well I would love to support you on your journey to get healthier!!

I will add you right now!
  • djeff41
    djeff41 Posts: 28
    Options
    Friend me too...we are all in this together!

19105975.png
  • hera621
    Options
    Done! Yes we are!
  • shelb71
    shelb71 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have fought with my weight for yrs. Now being retired I have gained another 25 pds. Not good. I hate exercising. I am basically stuck in a rut. My daughter told me about this site and thought I would try it. I know you are suppose to eat 3 meals a day but I never eat breakfast. I am one who has to be up for a couple hours before I even think about food. Coffee yes but food no.
    So that is me.
  • hera621
    Options
    Well I hope this site works for both of us in achieving our goals! =)

and I am not a breakfast person as well...and coffee is basically something that I need to have every morning! So, I totally agree with you on the coffee part! =) I can't eat breakfast that early in the morning, and even on the weekends as you said I need an hour or so before I have breakfast.
  • Amandat_78
    Amandat_78 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Feel free to add me, if you'd like! :o)