People not noticing my weight lose

Options
So I flew home to go visit my family after not seeing them for nearly six months, and not a single person mentioned the fact that I have lost weight. I have probably lost nearly 25 lbs since I was home last, and was using the trip as motivation to surprise everyone with my weight lose, and NO ONE said a thing:mad: :mad: It just bothers me, and i wanted to get it off my chest. I am happy that I am losing this weight, and the people that live around me are noticing changes and I have noticed a lot, but it just frusterated me.....

Replies

• lscotch
    lscotch Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    So I flew home to go visit my family after not seeing them for nearly six months, and not a single person mentioned the fact that I have lost weight. I have probably lost nearly 25 lbs since I was home last, and was using the trip as motivation to surprise everyone with my weight lose, and NO ONE said a thing:mad: :mad: It just bothers me, and i wanted to get it off my chest. I am happy that I am losing this weight, and the people that live around me are noticing changes and I have noticed a lot, but it just frusterated me.....
  • tlitzner
    tlitzner Posts: 124
    Options
    I'm sure that you look beautiful!

Maybe they were trying to be polite.

Or, were you wearing you old clothes from before you lost the weight? If that's the case, maybe they couldn't "see" your progress.

I live across the country from my family also. My weight fluctuates so much, every time my family sees me they seem more confused lol. Sometimes they say that I look like i've lost weight when i've gained, and vice versa.

I keep a mantra going in my head when I spend time with family: "Friends are god's way of appologizing for your family".
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

I keep a mantra going in my head when I spend time with family: "Friends are god's way of appologizing for your family".

Good one!!!!!
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    It's funny I just posted a topic about how much I hate it when everyone makes a big deal about me losing weight. I wish people just accepted ME and not focus so much on how much people weigh.

Just be glad you lost that's the best feeling not what others say or think
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I can see where it would. I am so sorry about that. But let me be one of the FIRST to tell you that YOU ARE LOOKING GREAT SISTER GIRL!!!!!!!!!
    My family has done that with me more times then I can count. Middle Child thing I guess. But I am a tad used to it by now. Not to mention that I have a great man that showers me with the compliments that I might not get from family.
    Sometimes people are affraid to say something about weight because they are embarresed to say anything. Do not ask me why people would be shy about giving out compliments, but sometimes they are.
    OR they are just sitting over there eating their hearts out because you look so good and they do not have the fortitude to do the hard work that you have done to get to where you are now! :bigsmile: :wink:
    --Diann...
  • cupcakes8kr
    cupcakes8kr Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sorry that's tough especially since you are soo excited about your results. I would think 25 lbs would definetley be noticeable.
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options

I had that on my myspace page a while back.. cause it's so true at times!

but yeh, i'm sure you look great! don't let it disappoint you! use it as motivation...
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Sorry you were let down. But you know you efforts are successful and that's what counts. Shows they love you for who you are not for what you look like.

The other day I was on cloud 9 due to loss that put me at 19lbs so far and I ran into someone who said "holy you're putting on the weight - I thought for a second you were pregnant'! What!!! I know I don't look pregnant but still I'm trying really hard to turn things around (believe me its no picnic as you get older) That truly deflated me but I'm proud that I didnt say anything about her ballooning weight!! (much larger than me and 12 years younger to boot!) I just reminded myself that I'm doing this for me.
  • yenn
    yenn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    It's funny I just posted a topic about how much I hate it when everyone makes a big deal about me losing weight. I wish people just accepted ME and not focus so much on how much people weigh.

Just be glad you lost that's the best feeling not what others say or think

I'm with you !! I have to tell you, I saw a lady I haven't seen for about a year and she said, "OH MY GOD YOU HAVE LOST A TON OF WEIgHT !! what have you lost, like, 75, 100 ???" Well, I had lost 10 pounds. I have never weighed more than 140 pounds in my life so I was like, sheesh, how fat did I LOOK to this lady when I was out of shape ... ??? Is she confusing me with someone else ??? It made me very self conscious.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    "Friends are god's way of apologizing for your family".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LOVE IT!!!!

Don't you think??? That when you have a major weight loss that others are a little green with jealousy and can't find it in them to congratulate you because then they have to face their own flaws? I don't want that to sound snobby, but I just wonder that...I have a few people in my life that haven't noticed my weight loss and I KNOW I look better. I just think it's hard for people.

Anyway....CONGRATS TO YOU!