3 month platue and i workout 5 times a week????

Options
ok so can someone please help me here. my stats are :- 5ft 8 female, 162lbs medium frame

im currently trainig for a half marathon in october and i run anywere beteen 10-25 miles a week depending on how i feel also attend one zumba class a week and one boxing class a week to mix it up and not get board.
now my eating has not been fantastic the last 2 weeks but before that i was doing really well.
ive been fluctuating between 11st 8 (162) and 11st 4 (158) since march GRRR
i reall want to get below 11st (154 or less) and i know i look good there as ive been there before.

my typical day is :- 50g oats, honey and milk for breakfast
chicken or fish salad for lunch
stir fry, salad, jacket potatoe for dinner and then i snack on things such as apples and greek yogourt

i dont like many foods unfortunetly i am VERY fussy so my diary doesnt change much week to week.
can anyone help me please.

any advice is appreciated
cheers

Replies

• misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary you will get responses easier
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    its not a true reflection of me at the moment tho. the last 2 weeks have been terible
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    anyadvice?
  • Thor2020
    Thor2020 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This is just my personal experience.

Fool your body....change your routine....change your workout patterns...your eating patterns.
    Keep the overall # of times you workout....achieve your overall caloric intake goal.....but change it up and trick your body!
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Open your diary??

It doesn't sound like you're netting very many calories.... I bet if you upped your calories you would lose! I started out at 1200 calories and didn't lose very well... I added 400 calories a day and it started falling off... Fuel your body to lose! Just my two cents... well... my two cents and the huge group of people on here that believe in proper nutrition :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    ok so can someone please help me here. my stats are :- 5ft 8 female, 162lbs medium frame

im currently trainig for a half marathon in october and i run anywere beteen 10-25 miles a week depending on how i feel also attend one zumba class a week and one boxing class a week to mix it up and not get board.
    now my eating has not been fantastic the last 2 weeks but before that i was doing really well.
    i reall want to get below 11st (154 or less) and i know i look good there as ive been there before.

my typical day is :- 50g oats, honey and milk for breakfast
    chicken or fish salad for lunch
    stir fry, salad, jacket potatoe for dinner and then i snack on things such as apples and greek yogourt

i dont like many foods unfortunetly i am VERY fussy so my diary doesnt change much week to week.
    can anyone help me please.

cheers

cheers

now my eating has not been fantastic
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    strength training/weights.

calorie deficit.
  • ironicusername
    Options
    This is just my personal experience.

Fool your body....change your routine....change your workout patterns...your eating patterns.
    Keep the overall # of times you workout....achieve your overall caloric intake goal.....but change it up and trick your body!

This guy has it pegged. I don't do it totally purposefully, my philosophy is to watch what I eat but don't obsess over a calorie limit or a routine, mainly because it's hard to maintain in the long term. And you know what? In all the times that I've lost a large amount of weight, I have yet to plateau once. Weight loss isn't as difficult as people make it for themselves.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion but if your weight is stable over such a long period it seems to mean that your calories in are balancing your calories out exactly - to shift more weight you need to either boost you BMR (Put on muscle) , do more exercise or cut out more calories - or perhaps a bit of all all 3.
  • Tonyv01
    Tonyv01 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am not a nutritionist or trainer, but most of the replies I have seen regarding a plateau are along the lines of what others mentioned. Change up the routine like adding weight training, and consider adding calories.
  • cheriedaisy
    cheriedaisy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You need a heart rate monitor! make sure you do 4-500 calories each workout....ur body is getting used to what you are doing and the only way to make sure you keep expending the same amount of calories per workout is to wear the monitor during your workouts..im a personal trainer...none of my clients train with me without the heart rate monitor....
  • JimmyfromNYC
    JimmyfromNYC Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Try this: 4 Days a week 3 evenly spaced 400 cal meals (1200 per day), 2 Days a week 4 evenly spaced 400 cal meals (1600 per day) and 1 Day per week 5 evenly spaced 400 cal meals (2000 per day). Total for week is 10000 cal. Mix the different cal days randomly, just make sure you follow the cal totals. Easiest way is to add one 400 cal protein shake on any 2 days and add two shakes on one day. Space all meals at least 3-6 hours apart.
    What it does: Prevents your body's metabolism from slowing down. By keeping your body guessing how many calories/day it will get it forces your metabolism to run higher all the time.
    With your work out routine you will def lose fat unless your already well below 5-9%
    I ran NYC marathon twice and Long Island Marathon once. My lowest weight was 147. My best was 4:12. (at age 41)
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough! and add a new exercise in there, maybe weights or something!
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    eat more.
  • KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Open your diary??

It doesn't sound like you're netting very many calories.... I bet if you upped your calories you would lose! I started out at 1200 calories and didn't lose very well... I added 400 calories a day and it started falling off... Fuel your body to lose! Just my two cents... well... my two cents and the huge group of people on here that believe in proper nutrition :)

^^This
  • KWake1
    KWake1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Search eat more to weigh less in the forums here. You'll overwhlemed with how much information is there about this. And how many success stories there are from people who tried this.
  • cwashkowiak
    cwashkowiak Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone....my fabulous hair stylist who is in excellent shape once told me, if you keep doing the same thing, you will get the same results, so just like everyone said, change it up and best of luck!!!