Pregnant on MFP?

Options
Hi i just found out that im pregnant - ahhhhhh!! excited and very nervous as with my last pregnancies i put on a crazy amount of weight and it took me forever to get back in shape - anyone on here trying to maintain a healthy weight while pregnant and stay fit?

i could really use some advice about how much exercise i can still do and how many calories should i be having now?

any help or advice would be fantastic!

Replies

• MaddiJoseph
    MaddiJoseph Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm not pregnant now, but I did gain to much with my last 2 and after working so hard to lose it, I don't plan on putting it back on. My plan is to ask my doctor how many calories I should be eating daily and working it in here. I'd set your workouts based on what's comfortable for you. If nothing else walking is great for you while you're pregnant. Talk to your doctor, but he/she will probably green light anything that you've already been doing workout wise for at least 1/2 of your pregnancy. Good luck!
  • MonkeyFlower
    MonkeyFlower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    thanks! i just feel like its been such hard work loosing the weight and getting fit again i dont want to give that all up like i did the last time!
  • MaddiJoseph
    MaddiJoseph Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    just clear everything with your doctor. Most will clear a good workout routine it you're already comfy and eat the calories you need, not the monster sundaes and sour patch kids I craved with my first one. You can totally do this and stay healthy!