Nursing student

Options
I'm a mom and nursing student. Since the beginning of 2012, I've gained 15lbs and my scrubs just aren't fitting well. I've got to do something before this goes any further; it's just adding to the stress. I want some support buddies who understand what I'm going thru. So if you are also a mom who has gone back to school and/or in a nursing program, would you like to join me as I try to lose 20lbs before Christmas? I honestly have much more than that to lose, but I don't want to take on more than I can handle right now.

Replies

• HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Not a mom but I'm in my second to last qtr of my ADN program and starting my BSN next fall! I know how it feels, I gained about 10-15 lbs during my LPN program.
  • KasieLoo
    KasieLoo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just wrapped up my 2nd semester w/ plans to graduate next spring as an RN (w/ associates). I gained 30 pounds over the last 2 semesters. So I KNOW what you are going through. Why does studying & snacking seem to go hand in hand :(. Plus, I know it's the stress. You can do it! Good luck this semester.
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom and a nursing student as well. I've had the last semester off and I've been working really hard at the gym. I'm fearing what is going to happen when I start back up , full-time this fall. Feel free to add me.
  • ludeo
    ludeo Posts: 75
    Options
    hey guys i just started doing div 2 nursing at tafe (im in australia). studying and trying to fit work and exercise in is hard. im here for support if anyone needs it :)
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I have one more semester of classes to finish up my BSN and I would love to be part of your support system! feel free to friend me =]
  • Raezor1207
    Raezor1207 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You all are scaring the crap out of me! I am still working on my pre reqs and can apply for the progam in about a year or so. Now I am scared that all of this hard work will be for nothing. At least I have the tools now to get back into shape.