How much do you deviate from your daily goal?

Options
I find it hard to exactly reach my daily goal.

On average, I am 100 calories under or over my goal. If I am over, I usually try to make up for it the next day, but I don't worry about it too much if I don't. If I'm under, I only eat if I'm hungry, but if I'm not hungry, I allow myself a treat the next day.

Replies

• AwesomeSquirrel
    AwesomeSquirrel Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. SInce I started MFP I'm eating healthy and filling food - unfortunatly this routinely leaves me 500 calories short of my daily goal (even with a speedy weightloss and sedentary lifestyle inputted). I feel full so I don't want to eat more (and I'm usually on target for fat and a bit over for protein). I should mention that I'm very large so my daily calorie allowance is about 2000.
  • DietandVlogsense
    DietandVlogsense Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I don't see that +/- 100 calories is a big deal. Now if you were +/- 1000, then start worrying.

You calories are a guidance; you can't realistically hit the numbers smack on every day.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I have days I am under by as much as 400 and some days I am over by as much as 400 :) Usually on weekends I am over and during the week I am under :) As long as my entire week looks good I don't worry too much :)
  • AllDIVA
    AllDIVA Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Every day is different. Look at your log and think about what you did and what you could have done better. For example I drink coffee at least twice a day with splenda and cream. I know that I could cut at least half of the additional calorie if I didnt drink the coffee twice a day. I have allotted the calories because I am not willing to give up my coffee. I look to see when I went over and what I need to change. Every day is going rto be different unless you eat the same thing every day. Also look at what works. repeat it when you can. Look back over the weeks you did well and rework it item or meal by meal. instead of chicken try turkey or a different protein. Look for a similar snack with less carbs/calories. It and We are a work in progress. every day is a chance to do better than the previous day. Exercise can help when you fall off a little.