armpit lump

Options
So I have had this throbbing pain under my armpit and then it has gone into my shoulder for 2 weeks I thought it was due to lifting weights.

However, the pain in my shoulder has gone but I have a big lump in my armpit. It throbs like hell ;-((

I haven`t told hubby cos he would worry to much...am going to make appointment with doc...has anyone else had this sort of problem?

Replies

• beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Not me, but my brother had a lump in his armpit once. It was an infection in some kind of gland. Adrenal?? I'm not sure.

I know they took a biopsy and he was told it could be really serious.

Definitely, see the doctor.
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    has your period come yet? or is it coming?
  • fallonrhea
    fallonrhea Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Sometimes that can happen with an infected sweat gland - I wouldn't worry until you get a chance to talk to your doctor about it :) Make sure you schedule that appointment though!
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    checked it on google and it seems that sweat glands can cause infections and lumps...but it so worrying...and don`t want to tell hubby cos he will worry big time ;-(

Not a period thing cause am over all that at 52 but thanks for your suggestion :-)

If you have ever had a bad toothache or headache it is like that same throbbing pain ouch lol!
  • KatdenRN
    KatdenRN Posts: 52
    Options
    we have people come into ER to have abcesses drained... mostly from infected hair folicles... could be that.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Like others have mentioned there's always the risk of infected and/or swollen sweat glands, and also there is a network of lymph nodes under there, and if there's any threat of infection in your body or injury they can swell, a lot. I have issues with my lymph nodes after having some removed, and they swell frequently (anytime I get exposed to a virus or hurt myself) and sometimes become quite painful. It does usually subside after about a week or so.

I would get to the doctor and find out why. Chances are it's nothing serious, but since there are so many reasons why it can happen, you should go find out. Don't google it too much, that can drive you crazy.
  • Suaso
    Suaso Posts: 48
    Options
    I get that from time to time.
    I chalk it up to either an ingrown hair or some sort of infection.
    I give it a week before I plan to go to the doctor.
    So far it's never been doctor worthy for me, but I'd say if it persists get thee to a doctor.