I know I'm Not Alone...

Options
I know I am not alone... lots of people are out there making the decision to lose weight. There's some comfort in that. But I spent all summer in upstate NY with my family and I started my new lifestyle up there. Now that I am home.. I'm struggling to find my strength to continue. I can't get a bead on getting a new routine that I can sustain and not give up. Not really looking for an answer...just needed to share with people that can relate. It's nice to read the inspiring stories.

Hopefully I can figure it out. I'm so much happier (and slimmer) than I was at the end of May. Thanks for listening. :-)

Replies

• kazoooo8
    kazoooo8 Posts: 71
    Options
    If you have just come back from your trip, thats the BEST time to pick up a new routine before you get back to your old one!! You might not have the family there but you can turn to the people here for support. Can you just do the same things that you did up there... wake at the same time, exercise at the same time, eat the same way? Maybe you are homesick for your family and miss them? Getting into the routine will make you remember the great time you had there!!
  • mystyoceans
    Options
    You are definitely not alone. Way to go on your choice to keep it up at home!
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what happens to me. Every time I make any major change, my diet and exercise goals get lost. If you keep it at the front of your thoughts, (planning) not just making yourself feel guilty and ashamed. (that's what I've done.) It'll be a positive thought pattern. Day dream it into existence. It'll come. Good luck.
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I like to get up early in the morning and walk 3.5-4.5 miles. Early in the morning means 5:15 a.m. It seems like everyone is still sleeping and the streets / neighborhoods are quiet. As you live in a warmer summer climate, exercising when it's cooler may be best. For your food choices, do some research online. You know what you like to eat -- you also know what foods are just generally bad for losing weight. Don't depend on food items that say "diet", "low-fat", etc. Look at the labels and make wise decisions. Best wishes in your trek to lose weight. :happy:
  • MotivatedMom2012
    Options
    Hope you enjoyed visiting with family :)

I think the best routine to start with is eating and sleeping at the same times (whenever possible). This reduces stress hormones. Stress hormones can prevent you from losing weight, and even cause disease like cancer and heart disease. So even when you can sleep in - don't! Wake up the same time everyday, eat within 20 minutes of being awake. I find the best way to get my 8 cups of water a day is if I drink a big glass before each meal and another with my meal. I've been struggling with that lately, need to get back into that routine.

Good for you for wanting to stick with it and live a healthier life!

- Amanda
    Ontario, Canada
    Feel free to send a friend request if you'd like :)