workout videos??

Options
Hey guys:)
I am looking for new workout videos: I like when I can pick what I want to target, because I also do a lot of cardio and weights on my own....like a video for toning arms and shoulders specifically, or abdominals, or thighs and butt. Do y'all have any favorites?

**I have had double knee surgery so if anyone knows of thigh and butt videos that are great but easier on the joints (less lunges, or jumping in and out of squats) that would be wonderful as well!

Replies

• gogospice
    gogospice Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with the biggest loser boot camp video! Seems to do wonders for me! And I don't find it to be too high impact.
  • Flightless514
    Options
    I have really enjoyed the workout videos by Jillian Michaels, she has a lot of extensive videos. I have also had multiple knee surgeries and haven't had a problem as of yet. I am getting really good results from her 30 day shred right now.
  • tamtamzz
    tamtamzz Posts: 142
    Options
    Brazil Butt Lift is good for what you need. There is one video that has some jumping, but you don't have to do that one. It doesn't just focus on your butt. It's a full body workout, and a good one at that. I like it because it has strengthened my legs quite a bit, which is what I need because I have (well had) knee issues.
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Turbo Jam for about 4 months,they have cardio plus strength training(which includes booty sculpting and abs),they also have somebody who show's you how to do the low impact where your feet don't leave the ground.You can go to the beachbody website and check out some of the videos.
  • schnem27
    schnem27 Posts: 1
    Options
    Pure Barre is an AMAZING workout. There are several studios around the country but you can also buy DVD's. I have all of them and they're great. They all follow a similar routine but each video has different moves so it's great for mixing it up. Pure Barre is a great core workout in general but they really work on thighs, abs and butt (or "seat" as they call it). It's sort of a mixture between pilates and ballet with very low impact moves that focus on strength and flexibility. I hope you can try it out! Here's the website: http://purebarre.com/
  • kiwigal41
    kiwigal41 Posts: 1,059
    Options
    i went online to www.beachbody.com and i ordered the brazil butt lift.....it came with three DVD's with a variety of workouts....i love it.....they always have one or two ppl in each workout doing "level 1" that is a little easier that you can start with.....it comes with a schedule of workouts depending on the kind of "butt" you have....there is a booty band that is included for one of the workouts (required), you just need a set of small bar bells (required), some ankle weights (optional) and a yoga mat (optional)...you also get a measuring tape and a booklet with some yummy recipes....i did the "pencil test" before i started the whole program and the pencil stayed stuck under my butt cause it wasn't very lifted....at the end of the first 30 days....the pencil wouldn't stay!!! yay!!!!.....i highly recommend it....the website has many different workout programs but i heard good things about brazil butt lift and i'm pleased with the results....hope this helps!!! best of luck!!!
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    The Crunch Pilates and Denise Austin's Pilates for everybody. Make sure you have a resistance band for D.A.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    collagevideo.com has reviews & video clips of hundreds of workout DVDs. You can ask the staff a question about any video they sell, some there has done the video.

Look for LOW IMPACT ...... high impact bothers my knees. Moving lunges bother my knees too.

I really like Kelly Coffey Meyers 30 Minutes to Fitness Series .... some are low impact (others have a low impact modifier throughout).
  • lucky7burns
    lucky7burns Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The firm, hips, abs, and thighs works good. The firm jiggle free abs and jiggle free arms are good too.
  • nikkijoshua
    nikkijoshua Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My favorites are by Cathe Friedrich at www.cathe.com
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Bump
  • sjlockyer912
    Options
    Thanks guys! I just bought Jillian michelas killer thighs and butt...tried it for the first time yesterday and enjoyed it...still have to learn a few of the moves though to get the full effect! I've been thinking about the Brazilian butt lift, turbo jam, and I'm undecided on an upper body tape...I loved Denise Austin hit the spot arms but my video is old and won't play anymore...trying to branch out to something else:)