Raw Oysters

Options
bkguarna
bkguarna Posts: 11 Member
Was punching in my Happy Hour plans for this afternoon and realized that my usual Wednesday 1/2 dozen raw oysters are 60 calories with 36g of protein total. thats the same amount of protein as 6 hard boiled eggs for 60 cal! wow!

Replies

• ockara
    ockara Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    They are awesome! Lucky you!!!
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    LOVE RAW OYSTERS!!!! :drinker:
  • kleverkira
    kleverkira Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    So good and so low-calorie for a good protein source!
  • Hairista
    Hairista Posts: 86
    Options
    I've never had these, but more of a reason to try them now! That's awesome!
  • elastar33
    elastar33 Posts: 6
    Options
    Hmm, since a gram of protein is equal to 4 calories, it seems impossible that 60 cal of oysters could have 36 grams of protein.

Still, I'm sure they're healthy, a lot of seafood is, just noticed that the calories don't add up properly. Maybe its because I just tried a raw oyster for the first time and found it really gross that I was looking for it to be too good to be true :).
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Hmm, since a gram of protein is equal to 4 calories, it seems impossible that 60 cal of oysters could have 36 grams of protein.

Still, I'm sure they're healthy, a lot of seafood is, just noticed that the calories don't add up properly. Maybe its because I just tried a raw oyster for the first time and found it really gross that I was looking for it to be too good to be true :).

36 grams of protein alone would make them 144 calories in the least.

Still, not a bad deal. Oysters are yumcious. ;)
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Was punching in my Happy Hour plans for this afternoon and realized that my usual Wednesday 1/2 dozen raw oysters are 60 calories with 36g of protein total. thats the same amount of protein as 6 hard boiled eggs for 60 cal! wow!

Hmm...protein is 4 calories per gram.

4 calories * 36 grams = 144 calories
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Wow! I had no idea. I'm a vegetarian that eats oysters. Weird, i know, but I LOVE raw oysters...and technically they don't have a face, right? :laugh: