Here's a new way to treat yourself

Options
I was on Google trying to figure out some quotes to motivate me and I stumbled upon a picture

Fun%25252BWay%25252BTo%25252BLose%25252BWeight%25252BWith%25252BDollar%25252BJar.jpg

I think it's an amazing way to treat and motivate yourself

I just had to share it with you guys.

Replies

• shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Love this!!!
  • teally13
    teally13 Posts: 30
    Options
    That's a great idea...think I'll do that myself :)
  • ellejay42
    ellejay42 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Worked out tonight so first £1 in my jar :)

Great idea!!
  • LeellenMack
    LeellenMack Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Good idea :)
  • Colleen_G
    Colleen_G Posts: 57
    Options
    I would SOOOOOOOOOOO do this, I lack one thing...the dollars to put in the jar! lol I suppose I could write little IOUs, but it just isn't the same! :grumble:
  • TheGoalDigger
    TheGoalDigger Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Stinaa91
    Stinaa91 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I would SOOOOOOOOOOO do this, I lack one thing...the dollars to put in the jar! lol I suppose I could write little IOUs, but it just isn't the same! :grumble:

hahah i hear ya woman!
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I can't put a $ in every time either, IOUs might leave an empty feeling. Anything even nickel or dime, it adds up.
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    Love this idea!
  • beka3
    beka3 Posts: 30
    Options
    great idea but money is always an issue :(
  • jenmarie2012
    jenmarie2012 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I think I really like this idea!! Thanks for sharing. :happy: :happy:
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    good idea! Although I think I'd have to put more than $1 to stay motivated lol!

I've heard of ppl doing this for every pound they lose... that's a good one too.
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Hmm...went and looked at a BMW 320 earlier....better get my *kitten* down that gym!
  • Time4NUME
    Time4NUME Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! I am going to do that....
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Like someone above had said - it all adds up! I remember reading (a while ago) about someone who ran in New York city every day. He made a point of picking up all the change he saw on the ground and after a year, he had enough to go on a vacation! Keep your eyes open!
  • Suaso
    Suaso Posts: 48
    Options
    I feel like a nice alternative to money would be putting folded up slips of paper with fun activities written on them in a jar.
    Things like: dinner out, new book, new outfit, trip to an art gallery etc (can also include things that don't cost dinero0
    Once you reach..say 30 days of exercise you pick a slip and reward yourself :)
  • kelfran1
    kelfran1 Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    My big downfall was a nightly drink or glass of wine (or 2). So now my treat for myself is that for ever hour I workout in a week, I am allowed one drink. Been doing insanity, so ~40 min per day, 6 times a week is 4 drinks allowed by the weekend. On Sunday, the clock resets and I must earn my drinks again (no rollovers). It's been a fun way to cut my consumption of empty calories and motivate myself to exercise, especially if there is a wedding coming up. :-)
  • TheGoalDigger
    TheGoalDigger Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    bump - i think we should have a challenge and see who raised the most. we'll only do it with quarters though
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    good idea! Although I think I'd have to put more than $1 to stay motivated lol!

I've heard of ppl doing this for every pound they lose... that's a good one too.

I like that idea better... easier on my wallet, but still motivational!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I love this idea. I don't have a jar, but I've got this tall mug I can use. I'm going to start tonight.