is a night workout a good idea?

Options
I've been doing:
23 min. of yoga at 10:00 am
& 20-30 min. of walking at 1:30 pm

I start my 3-day workout plan tonight at 9:00 pm, is that too late?

Replies

• sexy_RN88
    sexy_RN88 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I think it really doesn't matter much in the scheme of things. As long as you get in the workout and get your blood moving, you're good :)

I usually work out in the evenings just because I find my energy levels are higher then. I don't have much energy in the mornings or afternoons, but once it hits 4PM, I'm much more energized. I've dropped 14+ inches in the last two weeks, so it's been working for me :)
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My husband works out at night (around 9 or 10) and does fine. I however, cannot workout after 7. I just can't sleep after a good workout and if I do fall asleep I quickly wake up. I think you have to find what works for you. Good Luck
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    My husband works out at night (around 9 or 10) and does fine. I however, cannot workout after 7. I just can't sleep after a good workout and if I do fall asleep I quickly wake up. I think you have to find what works for you. Good Luck

Pretty much what I was going to say. If 9pm works for you, do it.
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I rarely start my workout before 8:30pm. Do what works for you.
  • ChandlerDacian
    ChandlerDacian Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert, but I think it really doesn't matter much in the scheme of things. As long as you get in the workout and get your blood moving, you're good :)

I usually work out in the evenings just because I find my energy levels are higher then. I don't have much energy in the mornings or afternoons, but once it hits 4PM, I'm much more energized. I've dropped 14+ inches in the last two weeks, so it's been working for me :)

Thanks for your reply because I always figured that your energy would be lower at night.
    Mine definitely is, but 9:00 is the only time I can fit it in since I've been working from 2:00 pm - 8:30 pm
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I try to workout during the day as well but at times and when I go back to work I will be working out later. You will burn calories either way so do it and have fun.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    my workout times have no effect on my tiredness or alertness. if you're worried that it might keep you up then maybe try something like a relaxing whirlpool afterwards.

back when i worked out with a trainer, we could only meet late at night and it wouldnt affect my sleep. but then again he'd work me out hard enough that i was pretty tired
  • camelgirlmn
    camelgirlmn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I find my self working out an hour after I eat. Doesnt matter if its morning or night. :) As long as I eat 3 hours before bed time im good :)
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I work out from 9:30 to 11:00 PM twice a week. That is my exercise for the week, though I do a ton of walking and hiking on weekends.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    A workout is never a bad idea.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I start my 3-day workout plan tonight at 9:00 pm, is that too late?

no