Corn!

Options
ligytha
ligytha Posts: 130
So, I have fresh ears of corn (maize). I don't have access to a grill or anything like that, so I plan on shucking them and boiling them, and then serving with a bit of salt. Anything I can do to add some flavour? I guess smothering them in butter is right out :grumble:

Replies

• ligytha
    ligytha Posts: 130
    Options
    So, I have fresh ears of corn (maize). I don't have access to a grill or anything like that, so I plan on shucking them and boiling them, and then serving with a bit of salt. Anything I can do to add some flavour? I guess smothering them in butter is right out :grumble:
  • leblancb
    leblancb Posts: 47
    Options
    Try using a low fat margarine like country crock, I flavour mine with my favourite spice to give it a kick..........dill, garlic or cajun, makes yummy butter for corn and you only need a 1 tsp, thats not bad
  • carrieclark
    Options
    A little spray-on butter, salt & pepper... Mrs. Dash if you're worried about salt.. Don't laugh, but corn on the cob tastes great sprinkled with curry! Rolled in minced herbs like parsley is great, too. Have you tried it barbequed in the husk (remove silk first)? Yum! Now I want some!
  • Lettuce13
    Lettuce13 Posts: 22
    Options
    Smart Balance Light is really good too.
  • walnut
    walnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    A pat of butter is only: Butter - Unsalted, 1 pat (1" sq, 1/3" high) 36 calories 4 grams fat
    Corn on the cob is so yummy, I just gotta have the real stuff with it!
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray.... 0 Cals (so it says on the bottle)

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Lime juice and chile powder!! Ok..honestly, I have never eaten it that way, but it's pretty Mexican. They put that on EVEARYTHING!!!

Let me know if you try it, and like it!!!