Just saying hi!

Options
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself, and hopefully find a few friends along the way. My name is Laura and I'm 22. I'm from the east coast of Canada, with plans to move to the UK in November. I've been overweight for some time, and because of a 4-year pizza and beer binge in university, I find myself at 238 pounds. My goal is to lose 100 or so pounds, hopefully to bring me down to 130, which is healthy for my height.

I've had alot of wonderful things happen to me in the past year: great relationship, amazing job, and making a HUGE change with my move. It seems like the only thing that's holding me back from being totally content is my weight. Recently, my photo was published in the city's newspaper for an interview I did for work. I looked AWFUL, and bawled when I saw it (I'm sure the 100,000 others that live in the city did too). Since then, I've been making slight changes, but am ready to kick it into high gear.

So I just thought I'd say hi, please feel free to add me, I find being a part of other people's journey really inspirational :)

Replies

• dragomom
    dragomom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    request sent
  • BeeRobin
    BeeRobin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too...congrats on all the positive things happening in your life!

Sometimes it takes a photo (see my profile photo) to realize how far we have moved away from healthy...now you are here and making healthy choices--photos you like are in your future.
  • kittybear86
    kittybear86 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.:smile:
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! What a great time to make a change - it sounds like you've got so many other great things going on in your life right now! And if the picture in the paper looked anything like your profile pic, I'm sure it can't be that bad, you're very pretty! Although I know first hand how cameras take the worst and blow it out of proportion, one of my reasons for getting rid of the extra weight too.
  • colawoman
    colawoman Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm new too but not as nearly articulate as you - you go girl - It sounds like you are on your way!!
  • lasteever
    lasteever Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your very kind words!