HELP!!

Options
Jlongblade
Jlongblade Posts: 77 Member
Just called my wife to see what she wants for Dinner tonight and her response "Something Light, we have had Meat heavy dishes the last 3 nights", and all she could come up with is baked tilapa not becuase it what she wants but that what she could think of. I was planning on having Trout this weekend. Any LIGHT receipes or dinner ideas, I can make when i get home? PLEASE come to my rescue.

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Sorry - I love tilapia. I love fish. I try to have fish at least three times a week.
  • cwannabee
    cwannabee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    How about a nice garden salad with some steamed shrimp?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    baked cod, brown rice, and steamed veggies
  • NYAngel1089
    NYAngel1089 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    just veggies!! make it a vegetarian night
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    How about a nice garden salad with some steamed shrimp?

or grill the shrimp. Grilled Shrimp and a salad is a fav in my house. Another favorite in my house is a salad with grilled chicken breast, some pineapple or mandarin oranges and a light honey mustard dressing. Yum!
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Tonight we are having chicken teriyaki. I grill some b/s chicken breasts and baste with teriyaki glaze, slice those up and serve over rice with LOTS of steamed veggies (broccoli, squash, zucchini, carrots). You can pour some extra teriyaki on top if you like. It's delicious! :)
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    maybe eggs? just a light omelette with some fresh vegetables?
  • dward2011
    dward2011 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Soup with a side salad, and hummus with cucumber slices to dip.
  • melgal18
    melgal18 Posts: 1
    Options
    My friend told me about this website last month: skinnytaste.com, it has lots of simple light and yummy looking recipes! :) I tried the thai chicken stirfry and the brocoli mac'n'cheese, both turned out great! Hope it inspires you!
  • PrezBigGirl
    Options
    turkey and cheese sandwiches with a fruit salad
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Grilled salmon with a little hoisin sauce; wild rice pilaf and steamed broccoli.

Fish is YUMMY!
  • CampKelly
    CampKelly Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    What about grilling the fish and making fish tacos? Just get some corn tortillas, shredded lettuce and a delicious hot salsa.
  • REALBIGBATBASTARD
    REALBIGBATBASTARD Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    When I grill chicken I always grill extra and keep it in the fridge for chicken salads.

My favorite is Santa Fe chicken salad, just use your imagination!
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    tacos