slipping and need help/tips

Options
Meamo
Meamo Posts: 89 Member
i am tired...at work just ate my 2nd helping of oreo's. all I think of is how I need a nap and/or how I really need to go harder on my workouts to see the scale move. but this is usually when I start to derail. can anyone suggest some vitamins or suggestions.help?

Replies

• Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    How long have you been watching your eating? It takes time to change habits. You will have those days when you eat the goodies more than others and it's ok girl just keep pushing forward :) I personally don't recommend anything to help with eating cravings but other people say they work so hopefully you will get some good input :)
  • Meamo
    Options
    thanks scorpioangel!
    true words of encouragement. I feel like an addict. so senitive. I was thinking of a good vitamin to boost my energy level. I know that is why the cookies were so tempting.
    I guess I am one of those. I am so hard on myself. I've been really focused off and on. and I just don't want to go off this time.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    If your goals are set to MFP's way then you need to eat back those exercise calories!! They have already given you a deficit. When you don't eat enough your body will crave and you will binge. Educate yourself about TDEE and BMR. Check out the groups Eat MOre To Weigh Less and Fuel The Machine.
  • Meamo
    Options
    okay, JeSuisPrest.maybe eating more but honestly I am scared because I don't always stay in the range.but I'll find out more about TDEE and BMR. thank u!
  • small4me
    small4me Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Vitamin D & Vitamin B12 both help with mood and energy. You can find both of them easy and take up to 1000 mg of the vit D!! Find the B12 that dissolves under the tongue (works better).
    Those and water and sleep!!:yawn:
  • LucyFordxo
    LucyFordxo Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm currently reading a book called "Women Food and God"

It's..REALLY bringing some clarity into my life about my relationship with food and the binges and diets..and how it's all in relation to how I see myself.

Don't let the "GOD" part of the title scare you if you're not religious. The "God" they refer to in the book is more like...The Universe and the love you have inside you, and your potential, self worth and impact on the world.

I highly reccomend the read. I got the book on sale for two bucks!
  • josyjozy
    josyjozy Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You can use water as an appetite suppressant. It has worked wonders for me. If I am starting to get that "hungry" feeling, I drink a glass of water - the feeling almost always goes away.
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Vitamin D & Vitamin B12 both help with mood and energy. You can find both of them easy and take up to 1000 mg of the vit D!! Find the B12 that dissolves under the tongue (works better).
    Those and water and sleep!!:yawn:

yep i totally agree with the above post. My hubby and I were low to no vitamin D we were both put on 50,000 mgs once a week for 3 months then once a month for 3 months. Now we take 600mg per day. You can not believe the difference it has made for us.
  • Meamo
    Options
    that's right! I had some vitamin D in the cabinet. haven't taken them in a while. popped one tonight! thank u, haven't had b12 in a while will need to stock up this weekend if I decide!
  • Meamo
    Options
    Hey josyjozy! isn't that the secret weapon though!:drinker: I just need to keep on it! thanks for the reminder!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    15 minutes a day outside is all you need to get Vit D!!