Started out strong

Options
I started out strong but now I'm think I'm going back to my old ways of only eating twice a day. Please, I need friends that will help me get more motivation.... Thank you

Replies

• themdg
    themdg Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi. I hope you dont mind a comment from a stranger. Remember not to care so much about the track record. It helps when you can say "I exercised for x days in a row" etc....but don't get discouraged when you've gone off plan. So you're back to your old ways today. Your new ways start again tomorrow!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    There's not really anything wrong with only eating twice a day if that's what works for you. As long as you can plan your meals to have the right number of calories, of course.
  • KarenAnnne
    KarenAnnne Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi. I hope you dont mind a comment from a stranger. Remember not to care so much about the track record. It helps when you can say "I exercised for x days in a row" etc....but don't get discouraged when you've gone off plan. So you're back to your old ways today. Your new ways start again tomorrow!

I completely agree! Before I found MFP, I would mess up one day and then I would just say the He## with it. With MFP, I know that I can start fresh every day. I usually am good about pacing 5 small meal a day, but sometimes it just doesn't work out that perfect. Life happens and its not an ALL or NOTHING mentality. Small successes are all that matter when life gets in the way:)
  • Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Focus on your long term and short term goals. Set rewards when you reach small milestones. Write them down. It's sounds like you already remember that when you were eating 2 meals a day you weren't living a healthy lifestyle. I'm sure we have all fallen off at some point in our journey. I know I get bad around the holidays. That's when I go back to setting reminders every 4 hours to eat (as well as how many calories I need in that setting). You can find plenty of support out here. But your primary motivation has to come from you.