ifit

Options
Just got my ifit program for my treadmill and so far I love it. I find that the time seems to go by faster and I like the fact that the treadmill will increase the speed and incline automatically, depending on which workout you're on. It's pretty neat. Anyone else have ifit?

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I do! But my treadmill incline broke so I haven't been using it. Hopefully the repair guy will return our call eventually...
  • Disney2012
    Disney2012 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Oh bummer, hopefully they will get it working soon!
  • marlenemb
    marlenemb Posts: 7
    Options
    I too attribute a great deal of my new healthier lifestyle to the treadmill and motivation I have now to the ability of running new maps. I love iFit technology!! You can see street views as you run and the treadmill will incline/decline as the terrain does. VERY cool! Sure there some issues/bugs every now, but they tend to be more minor annoyances than anything else, and then but it really is incredible technology! The ability to run mostly anywhere in the world really is a great motivator! I only run where there are street views however, and as of right now, much of South America, Africa, Mexico, Central America and some other areas haven't been captured with street view by Google. You can draw your own maps either on their website or on the equipment screen (if you have a built in browser monitor) or you can download pre-drawn maps from http://www.ifitmaps.com which also allows you to search for the exact distance, incline, location, etc you desire. Best wishes with your fitness regimen and healthier lifestyle! :smile:
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I too attribute a great deal of my new healthier lifestyle to the treadmill and motivation I have now to the ability of running new maps. I love iFit technology!! You can see street views as you run and the treadmill will incline/decline as the terrain does. VERY cool! Sure there some issues/bugs every now, but they tend to be more minor annoyances than anything else, and then but it really is incredible technology! The ability to run mostly anywhere in the world really is a great motivator! I only run where there are street views however, and as of right now, much of South America, Africa, Mexico, Central America and some other areas haven't been captured with street view by Google. You can draw your own maps either on their website or on the equipment screen (if you have a built in browser monitor) or you can download pre-drawn maps from http://www.ifitmaps.com which also allows you to search for the exact distance, incline, location, etc you desire. Best wishes with your fitness regimen and healthier lifestyle! :smile:

I run all my 5K race routes on the treadmill just to see what the elevation change is like. I also have built a couple routes through downtown Seoul. If you want to do that, google the address for City Hal in Seoul and most of that area has street view photos! We were in Korea last year so it was really cool going back.
  • marlenemb
    marlenemb Posts: 7
    Options
    Very cool! I will check out that area and maybe we can upload and share some maps to the iFit Maps website! :)
  • spersephone
    spersephone Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm about to receive my NordicTrack T8.0 treadmill here in Australia and looking into getting the iFit Live module. It sounds brilliant. But it's very expensive here! $199 RRP - just over $200 USD.

I think I will get it, but it seems there are really only a couple of places that sell it here, and none will a great discount on such a huge amount.

Anyone think the treadmill is still pretty cool even without it?
  • LvLite
    LvLite Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I love my treadmill - no excuses not to run (no babysitter / raining .. blah blah). Looking forward to adding the ifit as I like the idea of running the race course before the race!
  • spersephone
    spersephone Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the treadmill itself, but the onboard workouts are too slow, so I'm using manual settings. I will invest in the iFit module one of these days.
  • Adam_72
    Options
    My Nordictrack T23 arrived today and I did my 1st run with ifit.

I created a 6km map and ran ( most of it ). I was impressed , I'm not a great runner but this kept me interested on the run.

I was surprised to see it inclining but it made me push harder.