Anyone else experiencing this?...

Options
Tony_Brewski
Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
So I'm down about 7% body fat lost around 7 inches around my waist building my chest arms and shoulders. My wife's amazed as to how different I look. She's never been the jealous type but now shes extremely jealous! I am not nor have I ever been the type to stray so I don't see where the new jealous side is coming from. Anyone else experiencing anything like this from your 'better half'?

Replies

• Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Yup. My husband and I started dieting and working out in April. I have more weight to lose than him. He'd drop 3 lbs and I'd drop 1. He'd be down 40 lbs when I was down 20. I was jealous. Not mad, not worried he'd stray, just jealous that he could say "I'm going to stop eating ice cream." and that would make him lose a pound while just hearing the word "ice cream" made me gain a pound. I'm not sure what form of jealousy you are referring to but perhaps she's just jealous that it seems so easy for you while us women seem to have to work twce as hard to lose half as much.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Options
    It seems to be all kinds. Jealous of how fast and easy I seem to be as she says "Melting" but the one that sits out the most is the whole... she sees someone look at me and she fires that counter look back at them that could melt iron.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Life is unfair. Men lose weight faster than women and can eat more calories doing it. As far as the straying/jealousy issue, maybe you're not paying enough attention to your wife as a woman instead of the mother of your children (if you have children). ;-)
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I wish! I've lost about 50 lbs and my husband doesn't even seem to notice. Oh well - I feel much better about myself anyway.
  • Jess207
    Jess207 Posts: 90
    Options
    Having been married (twice, but who's counting?) I think that changes of any kind, positive or negative, require an adjustment period. She may just been feeling a little threatened that you may be getting attention and compliments. Just reassure her and be attentive to her. She'll get used to the new you! Keep up the good work!:smile:
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    She thinks your bangin right now....Make her feel like she's the only one for you. Give her what she wants
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    The guy I was with never said anything about my weight loss to me. EVER. I know he noticed. 100lbs is quite a big difference. He was just a jerk. He drug me down quite a lot. So I left ;) feeling way more confident without that too!
  • AngelaV75
    AngelaV75 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, it's pretty normal. My husband is in much better shape than I am (he's military), and it def. makes me jealous. I don't think he would ever cheat or anything, but I still get jealous. I just hide it. Try to give her more attention, and a little flattery goes a long way:)
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    She thinks your bangin right now....Make her feel like she's the only one for you. Give her what she wants

^ This.. you are smokin & she still feels fat. Give her what she wants and needs!!
  • Tony_Brewski
    Options

^ This.. you are smokin & she still feels fat. Give her what she wants and needs!!

I give her plenty :D Thats no joke or an understatement.. NOT talkin about the hibidy bibidy either here. This is all new ground for me. I put all my weight on while married to her she was fine with how I was before I broke my foot or had my knee surgery, which was still FAR better shape than I'm in now. Just new ground I'm walkin on here. Unsure about it heh.