Ab Ripper X

Options
Hi everyone I am new to "myfitnesspal". This question is probably here somewhere but can't seem to find it. How many calories does ab ripper x burn. I am 52 and I do complete the whole ab ripper x portion with little hardship but I do accomplish it. I just need to know what is the calorie burn count on it? Thanks in and advance and good luck to everyone with their goals.

I started last week at 217 and am now down to 215.4. Keep pushing it! My goal is 190. ; )

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    http://p90xcalories.com/

That site will give you an estimate
  • nwilson91
    nwilson91 Posts: 70
    Options
    A: It depends. I find I can't record it as "strength training (weight lifting)" because it really doesn't do that much for me, but perhaps you're different.

My Ex:
    I work out with a Heartrate monitor to accurately measure calorie burn. At this stage of my build up, I do either a run (I'm finishing the Couch-to-5K app) or CardioX to warm up, a quick leg stretch (calves, quads, hamstring), then move straight into Strength training (weights) finishing with AbRipperX.

Depending on whether it's the run or the cardio warmup, in that 15 min I can either burn ~30-37 kCal - even less with no Cardio build-up. But in any case no where near the 59 kCal they would suggest.

If you really want to track it accurately, I recommend getting a monitor and going by that.
  • nwilson91
    nwilson91 Posts: 70
    Options
    Oh yeah, and even "Calisthenics...light" comes in at 69 kCal. :noway:
  • beccalynnc
    beccalynnc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes me too! I started the chest/shoulder and ab ripper, couldnt find the info either!
  • sksummers61
    sksummers61 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I wear a heart rate monitor during my workouts. Both AB Ripper, and Insane ABS have me at about 110 Calories.

The Chest, Shoulders, Arms, Back, etc routines have me at about 375-400 typically.

I am 51, 218.
  • rtp52
    rtp52 Posts: 5
    Options
    I thank you all for your input. I am seeing very many different results throughout searching for this information and even see some reporting as high as 400-600 calories burned for just Ab Ripper X

It seems there is no definitive answer for this. : (
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    Thats because there is no definitive answer. :)

You really need a heart rate monitor for closest accuracy. And that's still a "rough"

Online "estimators" are not really accurate for most people, as it will vary dramatically based on "You" - height, weight, size, gender, effort exerted, weights range used (on lifting routine) reps use, how long your rest breaks, you athletic condition, how much extra poundage you carry, etc.

For example, I am in pretty good shape, I am a short female, and older. Ab Ripper (and ab ripper2) is about 60 calories for me, from beginning to end, no rest breaks. If I add on weights its 90 calories.

My larger, less athletic, 70 lb overweight, husband, its about 90 calories with no added weights.

Other P90X DVDs are roughly 300-400 calories for me, depending on which, and I use heavy weights, low reps. working between all rest breaks, advanced on all moves. Some even less.

My husband averages more, being male, and larger. Longer rest breaks, not advanced.

We both use heart rate monitors with a chest strap, that records, gender, age, weight etc,
  • rtp52
    Options
    With a heart monitor does it tell you the amount of calories that were burned off? Or do you have to estimate according to only what the heart monitor puts out. I am a novice as you can tell lol
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    Definitely heart rate monitor. It all depends on the person and how hard they are working. To me, that is THE only way to determine calorie burn.
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    the heart monitor gives you the calories burned for the time frame you use it for. I turn it on at beginning of exercise, and turn it off at the end, and get a total of calories burned for that time frame. (along with other information)

Is that what you meant?

I am a little unclear about your question.
  • rtp52
    Options
    That is exactly what I am looking for thank you very much. tangal88 ; ) Where can I get a heart rate monitor for cheap not real expensive but for what I need. Can you recommend one for me? Again thank you very much for your quick responses. ; )
  • moran1917
    moran1917 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    you can find heart rate monitors in tons of places, amazon has them, i think walmart, running stores, fitness stores. I have the polar ft7 and I love it and can wear it swimming. i recommend polar products as they work well.
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    The best thing I can recommend is to do some research and reviews on them. Mine was given to me as a gift and I love it. It is from Bowflex, I just cant remember the name right off hand haha!
  • rhondac46
    rhondac46 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hey that site is awesome!!! thanks for sharing
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MsTeciatheDiva
    MsTeciatheDiva Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the site: http://p90xcalories.com/

Let's hope it's accurate! :wink:
  • OnlyOneOcean1
    Options
    It's way too difficult to record food & exercise entries into this system. Sometimes less is more. I don't have the kind of time to deal with the restrictions present. I know what I'm doing & how much I'm burning. I just want to enter it and be done with it. I'm a busy girl.