Smoothies?

Options
Me_Im_2b
Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
Any good recipes for low cal/sugar smoothies?

Replies

• Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    Options
    Any good recipes for low cal/sugar smoothies?
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on recipes I guess - I just throw a mixture of fresh and frozen fruit - whatever I have or decided to buy at Wally world - in a blender with some ice and a little milk. You can use OJ instead of milk too. If I use berries, sometimes I add a squirt of chocolate syrup. If it needs a little sweetening a tsp of sugar or a packet of Splenda is usually enough.

Maybe others have actual recipes - enjoy your smoothies!! YUMMM :tongue:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Just made a good smoothie this morning -- I used nonfat pro-biotic yogurt "drink", threw in some pomegranate juice, a cup of frozen blueberries, and a little protein powder. Sooooo good!

But another favorite is bananas, tofu (just a bit for protein), milk, vanilla extract and just a bit of honey or some kind of sweetener. Sometimes I'll sprinkle some cinnamon in this one.

Yum! I wish I was home with my blender instead of at the office!
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    My kids would freak if they knew what I put in their fruit smoothie. I have a Vitamix, which is an essential in every kitchen, IMHO.

A favorite, orange juice, a frozen banana, canned or fresh pineapple, a raw peeled sweet potato in chunks, and a large scrubbed carrot or 2. Add a squirt of honey or a little sugar (I use Splenda if only I'm drinking it) and a handful of ice. All the benefits of raw fruits and veggies and the orange color is from the "orange juice". My kids think it's the best!

I like to throw in raw celery and spinach into sweeter melon or berry smoothies. Just experiment and you'll find yummy combos.

Hope this help!
  • leblancb
    leblancb Posts: 47
    Options
    I use Ice cubes, low fat fruit yogurt, fresh or frozen fruit and a little juice, you can add 1 tsp splenda to sweeten it up.
    mix and enjoy
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup non fat vanilla yogurt
    1/2 cup soy milk - plain
    And any type of your favorite fruit about 1 1/2 cups worth
    I've been using blueberries and strawberries or blueberries and peaches... very yummy:happy:
  • vmazzaluna
    vmazzaluna Posts: 3
    Options
    I buy the frozen fruit (strawberries or other mixed fruit) and WEIGH EVERYTHING! It's all well and good to use healthy ingredients but if you're using 3 servings of each ingredient and then drinking the whole thing, you could be hitting your whole day of calories.

Here's my basic (very similar to what's already on here :) )

Frozen fruit (measured to what calorie value I'm aiming for)
    One serving of non-fat or low fat plain yogurt
    About 1/4 cup of a fruit juice just for added flavor
    Water if more liquid is needed

Sometimes I use protein powder if I need the extra calories but don't want to drink a gallon of smoothie.

Now I want a smoothie!! :)
  • teetsel4
    teetsel4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My kids and my favorite:

Tofu smoothie:

1-2 slices of lite tofu
    1 ripe bannana
    1 to 2 cups frozen fruit
    water to thin

I top it with FF cool Whip

I think I'm going to go make myself one now!
  • mommy2js
    mommy2js Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup skim milk
    5 frozen strawberries (or any frozen fruit)
    1T. sf flavored syrup (chocolate or coconut is yummy)
    1 pkt splenda

yum