Lifting weights and couch to 5k

Does anyone know of a good book or website that will help me learn to use weights. I pay for a gym membership but am terrified of looking like an idiot. That means I only use the cardio like treadmills.

Also, which couch to 5k program is the best. I have found several apps but want one that will work. I really want to see ,my feet again without having to bend over.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:glasses:

Replies

• my favorite is bodybuilding.com. its very informative.
  • Lsobriens
    Lsobriens Posts: 4 Member
    I started at home with dvd's like 30 day shred, then moved into P90X. You can do it if I can. Ask at the gym if they have suggestions for weight lifting programs or classes or a trainer you could hire for a session or two to show you what and how to do it.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Ask a trainer if you can get a free session and set up a program.

Most trainers will give a free intro to weights.
  • kaa02c
    kaa02c Posts: 103 Member
    Ask for the people to specifically give you an orientation of the machines. And tell them you're not interested in buying personal training sessions. Also they have an app called Jefit if you have an android phone. It's really helped me out a lot. I've been in your shoes before! Hang in there hun
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    I agree on asking a trainer, and they should give you a free intro session or two. Books are okay, but a trainer can really help you with the form and show you the proper way to operate the machines. And don't worry about looking stupid. Everyone was new to the weight lifting at one point!