putting myself out there...

Options
I've thought about writing an introductory note for a long time, but have been really nervous about it. Part of me wants friends on MFP to keep me honest/motivated, but a big part of me is very worried about letting people down. :\

I've been "using" MFP for a little over a year now, off and on. However, in this past year I've only managed to gain another 10 pounds. I'll have a good run (eat healthy, track well) for about 2-3 weeks at a time, and then just .... stop. I'll revisit all my bad habits and re-gain any pounds I had lost, plus some. Needless to say, I am extremely frustrated with myself. Each time I begin anew I have less faith that I can actually do it. ...

A little about me and my weight journey: Most of my teenage years I was somewhere between 135-142 (5'6''). Looking back, it was a great weight for me, but growing up in Southern CA really skewed my sense of what "skinny" was. I always thought I was fat.

After marriage, 2 kids (2 and 5) and adult responsibilities, I am now weighing in at about 175. I constantly feel tired and uncomfortable and just know I am not the best I can be. My initial goal is to get back down to 150 (pre-pregnancy weight). I'd love to lose even more than that, but one step at a time, right? I especially need to find a way to make time to exercise. I love RI30, but my kids have started to throw fits any time I put it on. I keep them at bay, but eventually having to stop to get water, snacks, break up fights, etc, just gets to me and I stop wanting to even bother putting it on. :(

I would really love friends in the same boat as me. The thing is, I LOVE eating healthy! But the thing is, I also REALLY LOVE junk food! :P I find I do best on with my weight loss when I am eating clean/lower carb. I like to keep my carbs below 75 grams a day. But I also like pizza and buffalo wings. AAAHHHH! I want to somehow lose weight, be healthier, and still enjoy life and a glass of wine. Is it possible???

ok, I'll stop talking. Sorry to be a downer. I hope I can find some friends and that using MFP might be the way to keep me from sabotaging myself each time I start to make progress. Maybe a little kick in the *kitten* every now and then is just what the Dr. ordered. :P

- Deana

Replies

• ballousgirl
    ballousgirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I've been up and down (but mostly up) since high school. I just had my first baby 7 months ago and am sick of using the excuse that "I just had a baby" for my weight. I also like eating healthy but find that it takes a lot of focus and energy. Feel free to add me and hopefully we can support each other!
  • ssbarfarkle
    ssbarfarkle Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Same boat here too. I am just adding friends as of late to see if this will help me be more accountable and actually stick with it this time. Your 2-3 weeks of doing good is a better stretch than I've ever done! I am really sick of starting "totally 100% gung-ho I'm going to do it this time" attitude. Only to fizzle out the next week, I can't tell you how many "Day 1"s I have written on my calendar.
    Friend me if you want & we can do this together! Good luck to us both!