To delete or not to delete?

Options

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    over a month. except the 2 people i know offline who havent logged in in ages :laugh: i keep bugging them about coming back and it would suck if when they did come back i had dropped them from my friends list
  • KettlebellTess
    Options
    I don't delete, but then again, all five of my friends are active.

LOL! I might've written this!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    1 day off and your OUTTA HERE.........!

Actually, it depends if I like the person, if I'm on the rag, if they were annoying, if it's a hot chick, if I wanted to get rid of them anyway, etc. Deleting is really kinda stupid but I do it occasionally usually based on my mood and level of maturity at that time.
  • natashiag
    natashiag Posts: 33
    Options
    My signup date was in 2010 and I only used it for a competition at work. I'm starting to use it now for real! So I guess you never know :D
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I don't really think about it. If they aren't active, they aren't exactly cluttering up my news feed, so...
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I was super active on here until my work banned MFP ....due to limited time at home I stopped logging in for three months. ...I just recently came back and a lot of people deleted me - rightfully so...but I tracked them back down and made them add me back....lol
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options

Actually, it depends if I like the person, if I'm on the rag, if they were annoying, if it's a hot chick, if I wanted to get rid of them anyway, etc. Deleting is really kinda stupid but I do it occasionally usually based on my mood and level of maturity at that time.
    i guess if you're going to be capricious you might as well be honest about it :laugh:
  • gdwarkaj
    gdwarkaj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I don't feel the need to delete for lack of posting - what harm is it doing? They may be having a break, or like yourself, be away for a while and then come back.

I only delete friends who I think have an unhealthy approach to weight loss.
    I don't and i wouldn't delete because someone wasn't logging in. One day they might come back and i'll be there supporting them if they do...and i have tons of support from my more active friends so it's no skin off my nose if a few of them aren't logging in daily.

my thoughts.
  • mrsgimps
    mrsgimps Posts: 1
    Options
    Agreed with gdwarkaj - no harm in having them on your list just cause they havent been around,even if they never come back.
  • Poorgirls_Diet
    Poorgirls_Diet Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I don't and i wouldn't delete because someone wasn't logging in. One day they might come back and i'll be there supporting them if they do...and i have tons of support from my more active friends so it's no skin off my nose if a few of them aren't logging in daily.

this!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options

i guess if you're going to be capricious you might as well be honest about it :laugh:

I'm not going to lie, I had to look up the word "capricious" but yeah, that's me. :bigsmile:

Everybody's on their own ride here....whatever floats your boat. :drinker:
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I don't delete anyone. Why would I delete someone unless they were being a jerk? If they aren't posting I don't analyze it and worry about it - why do you even notice if they don't show up on your page, you know? I am not good at being social. I am good at being introvert. I need to practice having friends and keeping them, but right here right now, not so much. I wouldn't be upset in the slightest if someone deleted me - but I won't delete them unless they ask me to or they are an *kitten* :) .

And people deleting people with unhealthy attitudes, why do you think they are here? I've posted on my wall (whatever it's called) that I have binged and purged several times recently. Because I am struggling, because it was a 10 year old behavior that popped up when I lost so much and now am struggling with binge eating - I didn't explain that on my wall. I just posted to keep myself accountable without posting the 1100 binge I just went on in a mindless rage and threw up (Yeah, gained a pound!). I have an unhealthy view right now. I seriously do - but I get back up and am trying every day - if someone deleted me because of it I'd think worse of them - but I wouldn't care... it wouldn't put a dent on my day.

That being said - I have some good people on my F-list and I like them. They are inspirational and I love reading their comments throughout the day.

ETA - I wanted to say earlier but forgot - I am very weary about friends online. My ex husband was someone I met online and MOVED COUNTRIES to be with. He was a perfect gentleman until he decided to get back into drugs and drinking, have a kid with me and then abandon us without electricity, groceries, a car or rent money. I find it hard to make friendships online anymore - which is something 10 years ago I did every day of my life.

ETA again - I shared way too much in this post. HA. Sorry.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I clean house after about a month. I usually check their profile to make sure they're not on vacation or something, but the vast majority of them have no interactions (not posting any threads or status, not commenting on anyone's threads or status) for several months. Their profile is typically a pile of "has not logged in for __ days" notices.

The only reason I delete is because there's been times that I've hit the limit of 1000 friends and had to make room to add a new person. No sense having an absentee profile taking up space on the list, right?
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i wait 4-7 days.

a lot of people sign up, use the site for a day or 2, then they never come back. their loss.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    I am MEAN....and dont tolerate those not putting forth the effort very well on my FL...I go thru my list once a week... 7 days straight for no reason...and they are gone!!! But again...I am MEAN!!!! Mean I tell ya!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I don't delete people. I was gone for several months while I was pregnant and dealing with getting a new house and a bunch of other stuff. When I came back, some of my best friends had dropped me. I found them again, and it was no big deal. But, I don't delete people. I don't know what's going on with them, I don't know if they'll be back. If they do come back I'd like to be around to support them again.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I delete in 1-2 weeks unless I know that person is on vacation or something. I also delete people that I don't interact with.
    I do this also! :tongue:

Me too. I always go to their profile to make sure they didnt post that they would be on vacation. If they didn't, they are gone. These are usually the people who are whiney too. "I haven't lost any weight. I keep eating bad food. etc" yet they never log their food or exercise. I honestly don't need that. I need committed, dedicated friends who will at least log their food, even if it was "bad".
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    2 weeks unless they say they will be away for a while
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I am MEAN....and dont tolerate those not putting forth the effort very well on my FL...I go thru my list once a week... 7 days straight for no reason...and they are gone!!! But again...I am MEAN!!!! Mean I tell ya!

Your not mean! They are taking up space that could be used for someone seriuos about the weight loss/maintenance.
    I have 2 pages would like to only have one so I can check it at a glance, see if someone might need incouragment. If you are mean then I'm lazy!
  • mrskatie80
    mrskatie80 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I delete in 1-2 weeks unless I know that person is on vacation or something. I also delete people that I don't interact with.

Yep. Let's face it, most people have smart phones. Even if you're on vacation - no excuse.
    But that may just be me being cold hearted. I have only been here 3 weeks and have already deleted 'friends' who wanted encouragement and haven't logged in for a week.