10 Months Of MFP - Before & After Shots

Options
Julzmusic
Julzmusic Posts: 48 Member
Hi guys,
Whether it be a good thing or a bad thing when I started my weight loss journey I genuinely did not think I would stick to it. At the time my mind frame was wayward and unstructured with almost everything I did including work. How I would commit to something like a diet and exercise was beyond me!
I have chronic eczema as well so doing exercise always made me break out in a rash, it itched once it got sweaty and as much as I think I loved exercise as a kid.... I couldn't bring myself to get past that eczema barrier and do it now.

HOWEVER.... With the assistance of my sister who introduced me to this website... With my fitness first (pay one full year) commitment membership and my 21st birthday in site - all of a sudden came the motivational and structural fundamentals of a successful weightloss journey.

To cut the boring parts I have dot pointed what has happened in my life in the past 10 months as a result of my weightloss journey (and i attribute so much of this to MFP)

** Got 2 promotions in my job - i have been moved to an interstate branch for 6 months with the opportunity for on the road repping across three australian states (potentially). Which back 12 months ago would NEVER have been a possibility. I now am looked at extremely highly within the company and have progressed further in the past 10 months than in the coming up to 3 years I have worked here.

**Decided To Train For Tough Mudder - After watching a friend do tough mudder, thinking I would never be physically fit enough to do such a thing, nor disciplined. I am now well on my way to training towards next years tough mudder (with two smaller mud runs in between) I would have given up just by looking at such an extreme course - but now I am so incredibly motivated to push myself to new limits all the time.

**Got a boyfriend - Yay! He claims that no matter what I looked like he would love me still, however I feel a confidence about myself now that makes him more confident with me as well. He is the first guy that my parents have ever actually approved, going in an amazing direction with the same passion for fitness and health as I now have :)

**Broke Down my mental barriers - Yes my eczema still itches like crazy at the gym and after the gym, but the thrill of being at the gym and the positive benefits that come from the gym make my eczema as insignificant as anything! That's a huge mental change that I have realised I have come through on my own.

**Lost 18-20kg - This obviously was the main aim of my whole Weightloss thing... And all of the above benefits I just received as a side bonus. Trying to lose weight has proved one thing to me - that if you do it the right way and take advice wherever you can from both professional/experienced and friendly sources - more things will work in your favour than just weight loss.

Anyway see the before and after pictures below - I will take more again when I am in my prime of tough mudder training :D

Face Shot At 85kg (Or 187 pounds)
ScreenShot2012-07-25at111219AM.png

Body Front on at 85-90kg (Or 187-198 pounds)
ScreenShot2012-07-25at105410AM.png

Body Side on at 85-90kg (Or 187-198 pounds)
ScreenShot2012-07-25at110306AM.png

Face Shot At 67kg (Or 147 pounds)
ScreenShot2012-07-25at54613PM.png

Standing Body Shot At 65kg (Or 143 pounds)
ScreenShot2012-07-25at54811PM.png

Sitting Body Shot At 67kg (Or 147 Pounds)
ScreenShot2012-07-25at54545PM.png

Replies

• Hairista
    Hairista Posts: 86
    Options
    You look great!!
  • LisaDunn01
    LisaDunn01 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    OMG you look awesome!! Very inspirational!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Nice work, great results
  • tosmoothash
    tosmoothash Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Looking good!!!
  • tjones0927
    tjones0927 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congrats! On the weight loss AND all those wonderful nsvs! You can see your confidence in you after pics, too!
  • Julzmusic
    Options
    Thanks guys I really appreciate it :) I am still working on gaining muscle (for tough mudder) and other such things, and just toning in general. Haha It means my BMI still doesn't like me all that much - but I've dropped from a size 16 to size 8-10 in jeans in 10 months and I have done it all by just being healthy, not starving... just living better :D hehe

thanks again guys
  • ammedel
    ammedel Posts: 1
    Options
    YOU'RE AWESOME!!! Such an inspiration! =D
  • shrinkINme88
    Options
    GREAT JOB!! You look awesome!!
  • Haylz_ish
    Haylz_ish Posts: 80
    Options
    You look amazing! Great work :) x
  • 00babyk00
    00babyk00 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    well done!
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look fantastic!!
  • Julzmusic
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • Ilysandrew11
    Ilysandrew11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    you look great!!! totally an inspiring story for those of us who need to lose the pounds!! :)
  • susiebear29
    susiebear29 Posts: 266
    Options
    WOW WOW WOW!!! good for you you look AMAZING!!! well done!!! :smile:
  • MandiS80
    MandiS80 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That's incredible. You look great
  • Rochellefrances
    Rochellefrances Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    omg you look amazingggg!!!
  • Fruch02
    Fruch02 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    atta girl. Come on though...duck face...really? haha
  • stlceecee
    stlceecee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    AMAZING RESULTS!
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful. Great work!

But, please, learn to smile. The duck face is not flattering.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!