There's nothing like heartbreak to speed up weigh loss

Options
2»

Replies

• Themuseinme
    Themuseinme Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    wish you and all other heartbroken or those with losses from death the best!!!I
    I know how hard it is and I feel so compassionate for you-as ive been there and done that, but it is truly better not to be in a bad relationsip than to be in one that hurts.

my advice would be to try to take vitamins protein smooties and jice at least. and if it lasts too long get soem antidepressants to get you thru it.myself, and ive watched so many friends suffer thru it without medicine and it takes so much longer. yeah meds are bad for your liver, thryroid, but short term its worth it n will do more good than bad.

PRAYER HELPS TOO!
  • SA_80_2012
    SA_80_2012 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, you'll make 'em regret it! ;)

Thank you!
    I hope i do... I'm certainly working on it :-)
  • SA_80_2012
    Options
    I don't know your challenges.
    Nobody business but yours.
    We all struggle, and so we learn, we fight, we make changes and move ahead.
    Just set your goals, take the right action, and all will be possible for you!
    Good Luck :flowerforyou:

Thank you.
    I've had to re-assess my goals because most included a future with this person, but change is what makes us evolve and become better versions of ourselves...
  • SA_80_2012
    Options
    I know. I got hit hard within 8 hours three times. A very good friend died,my neice and nephew put in very bad situation with no way to help ( mom locked up today for meth and boyfriend for murder so kid's safe now) And the third thing I can not talk about to strangers. I am not a stress eater. I got queasy feeding the animals, gagged on my food and toothbrush and threw up a couple of times. I just kept trying. My cals went down and I just focused on eating. Not numbers because it upset me even more. Every thing felt out of control and not being able to eat the right stuff in the right amount made me feel like I was failing here also. I could eat tortilla chips. Not great but still.... Do what you can. Eat a few bites, put the food away( smell or sight added to the nausea) let your stomach calm down then eat a few more bites of that or something else. I'm sorry for your hurt. it will ease up.

Thank you for the advice and sharing what you can about your personal struggle. I'm certainly eating when i feel like i can manage. I've been crying less in the last 24hrs, so I can only hope that the healing process has begun
  • SA_80_2012
    Options
    wish you and all other heartbroken or those with losses from death the best!!!I
    I know how hard it is and I feel so compassionate for you-as ive been there and done that, but it is truly better not to be in a bad relationsip than to be in one that hurts.

my advice would be to try to take vitamins protein smooties and jice at least. and if it lasts too long get soem antidepressants to get you thru it.myself, and ive watched so many friends suffer thru it without medicine and it takes so much longer. yeah meds are bad for your liver, thryroid, but short term its worth it n will do more good than bad.

PRAYER HELPS TOO!

I have to agree... Prayers may help too.

Thank you for the advice. I'll take it onboard.

I've spent the last 24hrs without tears so hopefully I can keep it that way.

Let the healing begin, right?
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I don't know your challenges.
    Nobody business but yours.
    We all struggle, and so we learn, we fight, we make changes and move ahead.
    Just set your goals, take the right action, and all will be possible for you!
    Good Luck :flowerforyou:

Good advice. I'm taking it to heart, too. Thanks.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I've spent the last 24hrs without tears so hopefully I can keep it that way.

Let the healing begin, right?
    [/quote]

That's awesome. The longest I've gone so far is like, 5 hours. Keep it up!
  • Nfairley
    Nfairley Posts: 84
    Options
    Oh doesn't it. Sometimes I wish I weren't so happy with my current relationship so that I could cash in on that sweet sweet depression appetite suppression. ..
  • SA_80_2012
    Options
    Oh doesn't it. Sometimes I wish I weren't so happy with my current relationship so that I could cash in on that sweet sweet depression appetite suppression. ..

... Hmm no, i reckon I'd much rather be in a steady, loving, respectful relationship, with a good partner who doesn't take you for granted and actually wants to be with you, than to go through misery and the devastation that can sometimes come with break-ups.

We can work on our physical appearance at any stage, but we can't force anyone into wanting us, or seeing our worth enough to want to make things work and hold onto us.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear the news. In time things will get better. I hope the time goes quickly for you. Hugs to you! :)
  • SA_80_2012
    Options
    So sorry to hear the news. In time things will get better. I hope the time goes quickly for you. Hugs to you! :)

Thank you for your support :-)

I know I have to be patient and let time heal me, but it's been 3wks, and it's still not easy... More time is required i guess :-)

Thank you again. I appreciate your message xox
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    It's true. It's so hard to focus on or care about anything when you are feeling broken hearted. My fiance died in April and I still forget to eat now. xx
  • cobes24
    cobes24 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    mono. that will also speed up weight loss in not the best way.

also, worms.

Also, Dengue fever.
  • iana_cass
    iana_cass Posts: 40 Member
    Options

... Hmm no, i reckon I'd much rather be in a steady, loving, respectful relationship, with a good partner who doesn't take you for granted and actually wants to be with you, than to go through misery and the devastation that can sometimes come with break-ups.

We can work on our physical appearance at any stage, but we can't force anyone into wanting us, or seeing our worth enough to want to make things work and hold onto us.

ooooh yes... I'm hearin ya.
  • SA_80_2012
    Options
    mono. that will also speed up weight loss in not the best way.

also, worms.

Also, Dengue fever.

Hmm... I have to agree...

I was diagnosed with Mono in Feb (we call it Glandular Fever, here in Australia)

The scales didn't show I'd lost weight, but i think I did, as I didn't want to eat and felt so tired :-\