Any college students out there trying to lose??

Options
Hello everyone:)

I was just wondering if there are some college students out there trying to lose what they gained when they went to college? Share your stories, I would love to hear them:) When I was a senior in high school my weight was 115-120 and that was a wonderful weight for me and my body. Then I went to college, and my first semester I gained weight..and now im 136..so I am trying to get back to my old size and body:) Just wondering if anyone had a similar story, we can give eachother advice and get through it together!!

xoxox

Replies

• agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I got up to 240 after my first year in college, I was 215 when I graduated and 185 most of the rest of my highschool days. I'm back down to around 200 now and still losing :)
  • lgfeilmeier
    Options
    Sadly, I'm just now trying to lose what I gained in college. I'm happy you are already getting a jump on things. I think the stress of school, plus the availablity of alcohol sometimes cause weight loss in college to be difficult. I wish you luck!
  • kelly27
    Options
    I lost weight my first year, but mainly because I got sick. Since then (like 1.5 years) I gained a ton and I'm trying to get rid of it too!
  • Jasper1028
    Options
    Sadly, I'm just now trying to lose what I gained in college. I'm happy you are already getting a jump on things. I think the stress of school, plus the availablity of alcohol sometimes cause weight loss in college to be difficult. I wish you luck!

Thanks Igfeilmeier, yeah that is def the reason I gained weight for sure! I wish you luck as well :)
  • Jasper1028
    Options
    I lost weight my first year, but mainly because I got sick. Since then (like 1.5 years) I gained a ton and I'm trying to get rid of it too!

Good luck kelly27!! :) we WILL lose this weight!!! haha :)
  • tsamuels215
    tsamuels215 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am currently a sophomore in college. My biggest fear was my freshmen fifteen. I started my freshman year at almost 135lbs, I became vegetarian and watched what i ate constantly. I was able to enough weight through religious excercising and constant monitoring of what I ate, and got down to 112 by April. Unfortunatley, I got a job as a waitress, were I was surrounded my food and the stresses of a tough semester allowed my weight to jump again. So here I am, trying to lose the ten pounds I gained back. :) Welcome to the band-wagon. :)
  • acdkatie
    Options
    I did the same thing my freshman year, I would say make sure you get some exercise in 3 times a week and hit the salad bar more often. Also don't have snack foods any where near you while you are studying or writing a paper, I once went through an entire box of cheezits in a sitting. I lost my weight over the summer after freshman year but it is always a challenge not togain it right back once school starts