Calling all shorties!!

Options
What is your favorite thing about being short? I'm 4'11, and I wouldn't change it for anything! I love being able to wear heels and not be freakishly tall, I can fit into small spaces, I can duck faster, I can get up faster when I fall, I NEVER have to worry about hitting my head on the ceiling, I get a better view of ants, it's easier to play hide and seek, people think I'm younger than I really am, AND I feel the rain after everyone else does!
Woo hoo!!

Replies

• delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    Bump??
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' ... and I get called "cute" all the time hahah that is fun.
    Lol I hate wearing heels though hahah
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    It's shawty. =P

My mom is 4'11, I got her a vanity plate with this on it....O2B5FT.
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Easier to look up and bat my eyes. 5 feet 1/2 inches here
  • delaney056
    Options
    I'm 5' ... and I get called "cute" all the time hahah that is fun.
    Lol I hate wearing heels though hahah

Same here! Heels really bug me.
  • delaney056
    Options
    It's shawty. =P

Hahaha! My mom is 5'1 and my aunt is 4'10.
  • peasgarden
    peasgarden Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm a short girl and i love not wearing high heels!! 5'2 here!! :)
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    You can reach things on the lower shelves for us tall folks :D that's ok. I'll get the top shelf for you if you ask.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I can walk around the weight lifting area of gym and not have my head hit any of the hanging equipment(Like for lat pulls etc.). My Hubby is 6ft 1 and has to duck. :smile:
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Well thats a happy way to look at it =)
  • bigcity_tinydreams
    Options
    I'm 5'2"

and I love that you can see so much more of the world around you and make funny observations. I'll see things and laugh that my taller friends didn't observe simply because it was out of their line of sight!
  • delaney056
    Options
    You can reach things on the lower shelves for us tall folks :D that's ok. I'll get the top shelf for you if you ask.

Haha :D Good! I always make a fool of myself trying to reach something that's obviously too high for me, but that's when I get to bat my lashes at some good looking store employee and use my little person "charm" on him. Win.
  • delaney056
    Options

I actually used to get super offended when people would make fun of me for being short. Now I embrace it, because it's just a part of who I am. I could always take hormones to get taller, but seriously, who wants to do that?
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    It's shawty. =P

Love it!
  • filomenae
    filomenae Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    If you're short, you're usually automatically marked as "cute" and that has come in handy in terms of being persuasive : ) I'm 5'1 !
  • delaney056
    Options
    If you're short, you're usually automatically marked as "cute" and that has come in handy in terms of being persuasive : ) I'm 5'1 !

It sure does!
  • allisonleigh11
    Options
    Im almost 5'3 and its pretty good being short!
  • Dame_Venus
    Dame_Venus Posts: 44
    Options
    I'm 5'1. People think it's cute so I don't mind it too much.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options

It sure does!

I think we're usually "persuasive" because most of us have big personalities to make up for our small stature!
  • GoddessJuliya
    GoddessJuliya Posts: 49 Member
    Options

I actually used to get super offended when people would make fun of me for being short. Now I embrace it, because it's just a part of who I am. I could always take hormones to get taller, but seriously, who wants to do that?

~ I used to feel the same way until I became an adult & finally learned to accept my height as something I couldn't change. That made me happier in the grand scheme of things! Btw, I'm also 4' 11. :-)