fast food?!

Options
its okay to eat fast food as long as i stay under my calories right? cause i just had a super star.... i was super hungry and i didnt want to make food... all i had was the burger no fries no soda.

Replies

• hjfischer
    hjfischer Posts: 250
    Options
    Everything in moderation.
  • shelbiejo
    shelbiejo Posts: 283 Member
    Options

This. A lot of people say that you need to eat "clean" and never have fast food....But I don't see a problem with it as long as you are still not going over you goals. Calories in. Calories out.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ^ That's my motto. I still occasionally eat fast food and I'm still losing weight. As hjfischer said, everything in moderation - don't make it an everyday occurrence. Not that you wouldn't still lose weight as long as you're staying in a deficit, but fast food isn't exactly renowned for being the healthiest stuff in the world.
  • juliefrog6
    juliefrog6 Posts: 11
    Options
    I eat it :blushing: I changed my ordering, instead of a big burger and med fries, I get a smaller burger and small fries or a salad. What can I say I'm a busy/lazy mom and sometimes a drive through makes life easier.
  • oandptech
    oandptech Posts: 12
    Options
    /\ this and you have to eat crap food occasionally. Either to satisfy a craving or as a treat or to remind yourself how crappy you feel afterwards (if that happens to you).
    As long as it's not everyday... don't sweat it! If I want my spicy chicken samich from Wendy's I am damn well going to have it. Depending on my calories I will have a salad or small fries with it.
  • whiskeycharged
    whiskeycharged Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    No, it is not okay. IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) is 80% clean eating and it's diet approach is iffy. If you can get the food via drive thru, DON'T. :devil:
  • dwallior3326
    Options
    Thats good!! You cant deprive yourself of everything, you'll go crazy with cravings. I would allow fast food as long as its in my calorie goal. It makes me feel even happier when I still lose weight after eating fast food! lol.
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I eat it :blushing: I changed my ordering, instead of a big burger and med fries, I get a smaller burger and small fries or a salad. What can I say I'm a busy/lazy mom and sometimes a drive through makes life easier.

^ yeah... i was on my way home and haven't ate since 1pm... it was already 630pm.. on the way home was a carls Jr so i stopped by n got a burger lol i should have gotten just a chicken sandwich.. but man i was hungry....

okay thanks for the help every one. ill just make my lunch for the next few days this way i don't have to make a stop by Carls again
  • angelachristin
    Options
    its okay to eat fast food as long as i stay under my calories right? cause i just had a super star.... i was super hungry and i didnt want to make food... all i had was the burger no fries no soda.

Maybe once a year. Even if you're under your calorie goal, fast food is generally just crap for your health.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i eat it. i just make sure to get my burger or chicken on shredded lettuce instead of a bun. no fries, ofc.
  • whiskeycharged
    Options
    Maybe once a year. Even if you're under your calorie goal, fast food is generally just crap for your health.

YEAH BUDDY
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    im going to the gym in about 45mins... hopefully that would help .-.
  • mwilke
    mwilke Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    you have to eat crap food occasionally. Either to satisfy a craving or as a treat or to remind yourself how crappy you feel afterwards (if that happens to you).

This... And for me it generally does. Even tho I eat less of it, it doesn't taste as good as I remember it tasting and I tend to feel very icky afterwards. But I still get cravings, and generally satisfy them so I don't binge later on and feel even worse:wink:
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food once a week (sometimes more, but not too much). It keeps me in balance, I like eating it and I don't deny myself the pleasure of it. I just try and work my cals in so I can eat it guilt free. I don't watch anything but calories though. Enjoy.
  • Skinnymunkii
    Skinnymunkii Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I find that there are a lot of semi-healthy options out there these days...Subway stands out in my mind, and most places have decent salads (depending on the salad) or grilled chicken sandwiches...I eat out quite often, and other than the sodium level, and the fact that your calories may vary depending on who makes your food, I see nothing wrong with it. I rarely go over on my calories and I try to stick to the healthier choices I have available to me. Is it as good for you as making all your own food and growing your own veggies and the like? Of course not, but in my life, convenience counts for a lot.
  • Lizajane42
    Lizajane42 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    To each their own- but I avoid it in general because of the sodium and because I simply don't know the ingredients (who knows what is in some of it!)
    However, some days, a big fat greasy cheeseburger just has to be eaten! When I crave them I make a burger with lean meat at home instead of going out for them! :bigsmile:
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    No, it is not okay. IIFYM (If It Fits Your Macros) is 80% clean eating and it's diet approach is iffy. Calories in vs calories out is a great measurer. If you can get the food via drive thru, DON'T. :devil:

Some people cannot restrict themselves entirely. I eat clean 90% of the time but still allow fast food once every couple of weeks. I have typically 2 cheat meals per week (not always fast food...sometimes I eat with my folks). I wouldn't do it all the time b/c eventually it will still catch up with you. But start making small changes towards cleaner eating...took me a few years and now I don't feel deprived at all. And the tired no energy feeling and bloating after the fast food will make you want it less and less lol
  • whiskeycharged
    Options
    im going to the gym in about 45mins... hopefully that would help .-.

Going to the gym won't hurt but that diet style does not work. Trust me bro. I worked out everyday in college and living in Chicago with a bunch of roommates, pizza and heavy beer drinking was a few days o' week thing. I made muscle gains but my core mid-section was no bueno. The faster you fix it, the better off you will be. YEAH BUDDY
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I ate it twice today! Everything in moderation. It'll be a while before I eat this again, just needed my fix (and I can say that gas station hot dogs are THE best!).
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options

I eat what I want, but I do my best to make more good decisions than bad ones. even fast food isn't going to completely ruin your efforts in moderation, but I'd track sodium, other than the macros(carbs, fat, and protein) sodium's one of the best things to watch and processed foods tend to be high!
    Worry more about making better choices than deprivation. n good luck in your journey! Tomorrow's another day.